An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Contractor Safety Management
Control Your Contractors
|25 - 29 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This Contractor Safety Management online training course will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents to successfully appoint a contractor and manage them with confidence to ensure their health and safety performance will be of the highest quality. Your organization is never more at risk than when you outsource work without validation and it is therefore essential you have all the necessary checks and balances in place to ensure this process is well managed.
Contractors must be informed, assessed and monitored in a variety of ways to ensure their performance does not have a costly negative impact on your business. It is vital the actual performance of a contractor matches their stated intentions otherwise the statements and documents provided within any completed tender are meaningless leaving your organization and its reputation at risk. This online training course will develop your ability to critically assess your contractors at all stages of a project to ensure you receive maximum performance with minimum risk.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight:
- The Key Components of an Effective Contractor Management System
- The Importance of Communication, Co-operation and Coordination
- How to Positively Influence the Performance of Contractors
- How to Carry-out Meaningful and Effective Performance Monitoring
- The Visible Business Benefits
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
The objectives of this online training course is to ensure you gain detailed information and competency for safely managing contractors.
At the end of this training seminar, you will learn to:
- How to Prepare projects and select contractors
- How to Define client / contractor agreements and documentation
- How to Produce a client / contractor HSE Project Plan
- How to Supervise contractors’ operations on day-to-day basis
- How to Monitor and review a contractor’s performance and implement improvements
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Training Course for?
This online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Procurement and Supply Chain Managers
- Engineers and Maintenance Personnel
- HSE Managers and Auditors
- Employee Representatives
- All Personnel Involved in selecting or vetting contractors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By successfully managing the performance of contractors, an organization will ensure they are effectively controlling risks and protecting their reputation and profile.
The organisational impact will be:
- Staff being able to assess and validate contractors
- Improved contractor control and performance
- Getting value for money for outsourced work
- The professional development of staff
- A reduction in incidents and losses
- An increased reputation as a health and safety leader
The participants will learn how to effectively assess, validate and monitor contractors using a variety of proven management techniques and interpersonal skills.
The personal impact will be:
- Understanding the key components of a contractor validation system
- Gaining skills and improving confidence in vetting contractors
- Learning how to implement a contractor management system
- Understanding and evaluating the core elements of a successful contractor management system
- Increased knowledge in evaluating contractor health and safety performance
- Understanding the benefits of successfully controlling contractors
Day One: Project Planning & Selecting Contractors
- Why use Contractors?
- Tender Invitation and Contractor Evaluation Process
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment of Project and/or Work Tasks
- Establishing Key Client / Contractor Contractual Elements
- Client Pre-Project Start HSE Meeting
Day Two: Client / Contractor Interface - HSE Project Plan
- Defining, Agreeing and Documenting Client / Contractor Responsibilities
- Establishing Client / Contractor HSE Project Plan
- Establishing Scope of Client / Contractor Shared Activities
- Producing an HSE Client / Contractor Interface Matrix
- Produce Active Performance Monitoring and Audit Checklists
Day Three: Managing Contractor Safety on Site
- Contractor Site Awareness, Training and Competence Arrangements
- Contractor’s Incident Reporting and Investigation Procedures
- Client / Contractor Emergency Preparedness Arrangements
- Carrying-out HSE Site Inspections of Contractor Activities – Random and Planned
- Joint Client / Contractor HSE and Project Meetings
Day Four: Monitoring Contractor Performance
- Assessing Level of Supervision Needed to Oversee Contractor
- Appraisal of Project and/or Work Tasks - Are They Being Carried Out as Planned?
- Conducting Audit of Contractor’s Compliance – As Set Out In HSE Project Plan?
- Measuring and Recording of Contractor’s Overall Safety Performance
- Checking If There are any Changes In Personnel?
Day Five: Contractor Review and Lessons Learned for Improvements
- Review Project Performance and/or Work Tasks Carried out by Contractor
- How Effective was the Project and/or Work Task Planning?
- How Well Did the Contractor Perform?
- How Did the Job Go Generally?
- Record The Lessons Learned and Develop Appropriate Improvements
- Key Point Summary of Course Topics
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›