An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Corrosion Control in Gas, Oil & Water
Mitigating and Controlling Corrosion Damage Mechanisms in Oil, Gas and Water
|04 - 08 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
|19 - 23 Feb 2024||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge online training course provides a deep knowledge of corrosion and focuses on the examination and identification of metallurgical problems that occurs in process units and methods of monitoring and damage reduction.
The equipment costs are a considerable part of the investment in the petrochemical and water industry, and for long-distance, large-diameter pipelines, they can become prohibitively high if the corrosivity of the fluid necessitates the use of corrosion-resistant alloys instead of carbon steel. Better understanding and control of the corrosion of carbon steel can increase its application range and therefore have a large economic impact.
Corrosion Control is an essential requirement in Oil & Gas activities. It utilizes application of engineering principles and procedures to minimize corrosion to an acceptable level by the most economical method. It is rarely practical or economical to eliminate corrosion completely and in practice one or more of the following methods would be applied.
Corrosion monitoring Provides an early warning that damaging process or conditions exist which may result in corrosion induced failures. Moreover, it indicates the correlation of changes in process parameters and their effect on system corrosion. Corrosion Monitoring is essential to evaluate the service life of pipelines and to detect when would be the nearest replacement/shutdown.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Metallurgy and engineering material properties
- The cost of corrosion damages in industries
- Proper corrosion mechanisms related to the oil, gas and water
- Major corrosion control and mitigating programs
- Advanced techniques of corrosion monitoring
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will have learned about:
- Materials of construction used in the oil, gas and water fields
- Corrosion theories and mechanisms
- Typical types of corrosion related to oil, gas and water fields
- Corrosion Monitoring and inspection methods
- Practical Methods of controlling corrosion
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Petroleum Engineers
- Welding Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Inspectors and Inspection Supervisors
- Equipment Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Planners
- Design Engineers
- Service Company Representatives
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Construction Material Grades and Principles of Corrosion Engineering
- Metallurgy and Engineering material properties
- Materials testing (destructive testing)
- Material identification according to API 5L and ASME code
- Economic impacts of corrosion
- Theory of corrosion
- Corrosion rates and ways of measurements
Day Two: Types of Corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion
- Localized / pitting corrosion
- Corrosion exposed to stray currents
- Soil corrosion
- Crevice corrosion
- Microbiologically Induced Corrosion (MIC)
Day Three: Types of Corrosion (Continued)
- Wet hydrogen sulfide H2S corrosion mechanisms
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
- Corrosion Under Supports (CUS)
- Flow assisted corrosion (Erosion Corrosion)
- Cl stress corrosion cracking
- Intergranular corrosion
Day Four: Corrosion Control in Oil, Gas & Water Fields
- Protection by changing design
- Active Cathodic protection (Sacrifice anode)
- Cathodic protection (Impressed Current)
- Passive Protection (Coating)
- Types of protection paints
Day Five: Corrosion Monitoring in Oil, Gas & Water Fields
- Thickness measurements using ultrasonic testing
- Radiographic examination
- Corrosion coupons
- Electrical probes
- Intelligent pigs
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates