Why Choose this Training Course?
As today’s projects become increasingly complex, innovative and technologically demanding, the project managers and team members face daunting challenges. Project decision and strategy making allows the determination of the basic long-term goals and objectives of an enterprise. It is increasingly important that the correct project selection is made, that the benefits be clearly set out and understood at the outset and that the project is planned appropriately to support good execution and delivery.
Decision-making in any project is important, yet typical approaches can often seem distant or unapproachable for many. In this PetroKnowledge Decision-Making in Projects course, delegates are introduced to the concept of making ethical and applicable decisions. Considering a basic project framework and case-study, we will reflect on likely choices for each scenario.
Specific attention will be paid to highlighting how small decisions can lead to significant compromises in the future. Delegates will reflect on their likely responses and the framework/s that they use for decision making.
“Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
-- Henry Ford
Making good, solid project decisions is extremely important task for organisations, but not an easy thing to do. This course offers an insight into decision-making procedures in a step-by-step manner. It intends to build, develop, and hone essential skills required to improve decision-making in a dynamic project workforce with the key areas of constraint being time, cost and scope having the ability to affect a project outcome. Any engineering project must consider what needs to be done to maintain those three constraints and associated risks.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will cover the following key areas:
- Gain an insight into key decision-making tools for Strategic and Corporate decisions
- Learn the importance of project classification
- Understand the importance of integrating scope, time, resources and cost management
- Learn problem-solving models to address decision-making situations in a systematic fashion
- Understand the management process overview required for the project
- Identify with and manage stakeholders and communication needs in projects
- Understand the importance of accurately estimating and allocating project costs and resources
- Identify risk sources and use qualitative and quantitative techniques to deal with uncertainty