An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
EPCIC Contract Management in Offshore & Marine
Masterclass in Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning Contracts
|10 - 14 Jul 2023||Online||$3,950|
|13 - 17 Nov 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
EPCIC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning) Contract is the most commonly used form of construction contract. In particular for complex projects, the preferred contract module that is used is EPCIC. Mastering the ins and outs of EPCIC contracts will prove to be an essential tool in driving effective contracting strategies to minimize delays, cost overruns and liability issues.
This PetroKnowledge EPCIC Contracts Management in Offshore & Marine online training course for both Offshore and Marine is specifically designed to address the key issues as it relates to all the parties and stakeholders who are involved in the execution of the contract. and as to the best means available to allocate and manage their risk and liabilities. Under an EPCIC model, the main contractor carries the risks for the project, they must, at the same time minimize these risks through effective contracting strategies.
This PetroKnowledge EPCIC Contracts Management in Offshore & Marine online training course is specifically designed to provide participants with a well- tested and practical guide on:
- Putting EPCIC in the context of the different models of EPC Contracts
- The inherent risk, liabilities, and benefits of employing various contracting strategies
- The challenges of EPCIC lump sum contracts and the ways to manage cost over-runs
- Structuring the contract to address the issues of the several parties to the contract to ensure a positive project outcome. Pros and Cons of the split EPCIC contract form
- Insights into the current issues affecting EPCIC contracts like pollution, HSE and local content; managing contractor concerns
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the current global, local and financial environment for EPCIC contracts and assess operational, commercial, legal and financial risks in EPCIC contracts
- Examine and analyse the difference between with EPCIC contracts & EPCM and appreciate the underlying legal principles
- Appreciate the essential element of the different contract stages from pre to post tender to completion and delivery of project
- Address key issues faced during project lifecycle and how to tackle these through enforceable contractual clauses
- Avoiding drafting pitfalls and ambiguous contractual terms
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge EPCIC Contracts Management in Offshore & Marine online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit Contracts Professionals and Project Managers operating in complex offshore and onshore projects in marine and shipyard construction and engineering, whether at beginner or intermediate levels, and also:
- Commercial Contract Professionals
- Commercial Operation Professionals
- Contract Engineers
- Procurement Supply Chain Professionals
- Risk Manager / Contract Risk Professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Providing project management team with a fresh and rational approach to contract management in Offshore and Maritime contracts
- Analysing and solving contract problems before they cause organisation in time and money
- Provide an eye-opener on the importance of clarifying contract ambiguities prior to signing of contracts
- Gives procurement and other project personnel a new insight into negotiating of contracts
- Strategizing on risk management techniques that can be used in the contracts to safeguard organisations interests
- Senior management given options that are available to enable them to negotiate terms and conditions of for upstream and downstream contracts
This PetroKnowledge EPCIC Contracts Management in Offshore & Marine online training course teaches the competencies that enable the attendees to:
- To have a one-stop reference on all aspects of the contracts and for dealing effectively with the problems that may arise
- Obtain detailed guidance on the contract management techniques that will help the reduce claims
- Familiarise themselves with different contracting clauses
- Looks at contract documents required for creation of an EPCIC contract and other contracts and the importance of specifications, drawings, scope of work
- Deal with Changes to contract terms, and differences in approach between standard contracts and bespoke contracts
- Knowledge of different contracting strategy to meet organisation’s goals
Day One: EPCIC Overview, Legal Framework & Contract Structure and Risk Allocation
- EPCIC, EPC, EPCM Contract Structure and Strategy
- Maximizing Parties’ Rights and Interests
- Contractor’s Single Point of Responsibility and Its Effects on Parties
- Fixed Price Lump Sum Contracts
- Split Contract Structures to Minimize Tax and Legal Exposure
- EPCIC used in Shipbuilding Contracts for “Floaters” and Floating Platforms
- Collaborative Contract Strategies to Avoid the “Blame Game”
Day Two: Tender Process Leading to an EPCIC Contract
- Legal, Technical and Commercial Pre-qualification of Tenderers
- Best Practices in Tender Evaluations and Selection of Tenderer
- Important of Scope of Work and Specifications and Terms and Conditions
- Exceptions – What to accept and what to deny
- Finalising Tender Negotiations & Award
- LOI and LOA Essential Terms and Legal Effects
- Exercise on the Selection Process and Main Elements to Ensure a Successful Tender Exercise
Day Three: Negotiating Essential Contractual Terms of EPCIC Contracts
- Identifying Critical Issues in the Project Lifecycle
- Managing Cost Impact Clauses like Delay, Price Fluctuations
- Indemnities and Other Liabilities, MAC Clauses, HSE
- Changes in Law and Regulations in Host Country & Stabilization Clauses
- Political Risk Insurance
- Force Majeure & Termination for Cause and without Cause
Day Four: Essential Aspects of Risk Management Strategies
- Design, Technology & Process Risk
- Procurement & Specification risk
- Variations and Cost Impact
- Payment and Multi- currency Contracts
- Delay, Liquidated Damages and Extensions of Time (EOT)
- Completion and Testing & Effects of Acceptance
- Using Contractual Clauses to Manage Liabilities and Risks
Day Five: Contract Completion – Critical Issues
- Acceptance of Punch List of Defects - What is the effect?
- Passing of Tile and Risk - Safety & Insurance
- Warranties and Guarantees
- Passing of Intellectual Property Rights
- Defects - Exculpatory Clauses
- Dealing with Disputes – Considering the Different Options
- Discussion on Issues Participants have Faced and How It was Handled
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›