Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge online training course covers gas explosion hazards and other hazards encountered on LNG facilities. It addresses all aspects of hazards associated with vapor cloud explosions (VCEs): ignition processes, release and dispersion, explosion mechanisms, blast load and modeling of all these aspects.
It is essential for fire safety and risk management personnel to understand the principles of fires and explosions in order to determine how fires start and spread, and how explosions occur. Expert knowledge of hazardous area classification is also vital to enabling proper selection and installation of equipment to be used safely in hazardous LNG environments.
In this online training course, you will acquire comprehensive knowledge on the causes and properties of explosions, with an emphasis on those involving gases.
Through this online training course, you will:
- Understand the properties of flammable and explosive materials as well as their ignition mechanisms
- Discover how mechanical and system failures contribute to major accidents
- Learn about common fire detectors, alarm systems and procedures
- Understand the purpose of classifying hazardous areas, materials and temperature
- Understand equipment protection plans
- Understand LNG release and dispersion
- Understand LNG safety regulations
- Understand Explosion modelling
- Understand Mitigation
- Understand Preventive measures
- Understand Consequence models and QRA methodology
- Understand The oil and gas industry structure
- Understand the LNG project lifecycle