|08 - 12 Nov 2021
||Houston TX - USA
|13 - 17 Dec 2021
||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil
|09 - 13 May 2022
||Mexico City - Mexico
|18 - 22 Jul 2022
||New York - USA
|12 - 16 Sep 2022
||Bogota - Colombia
|07 - 11 Nov 2022
||Houston TX - USA
|12 - 16 Dec 2022
||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil
Why Choose this Training Course?
Maintaining best practice in procurement and supply chain management is a core requirement for those operating in the global oil and gas industry. Supplier/operator relationships are now so very crucial since the drop in oil prices is causing real monetary concern across the industry. It is now vital that the procurement and supply chain functions collaborates its efforts and expertise to cope with the complexity of the present operating environment. Procurement and supply chain management are being relied upon to make a difference to the depressed market and are under constant pressure to make dynamic and meaningful contributions to the bottom line operating costs and capital expenditure.
This innovative training course will assist delegates to reassess their organization’s procurement and supply chain strategies beyond short term cost cutting. It will focus on real time issues to counteract the downturn and think differently about global procurement. This PetroKnowledge training course has been designed to provide delegates with practical approaches for transforming their organization’s procurement team to become more competitive and resilient.
What are the Goals?
It is essential for procurement and supply chain professionals to adapt supply chain practices to fit the current market and they must understand the need for:
- Reassessment of current E & P procurement strategies
- Streamlining processes
- Adopt contemporary practices
- Building robust internal supply planning capabilities
- Collaborative relationship with vendors
- Tools and techniques to effectively renegotiate contracts
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement Professionals
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Tender or Bidding Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Contracting Unit Supervisors
- Project Engineers and Project Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will be delivered by a recognised world-class procurement and supply chain professional and will include a range of lively and interactive training methods, including exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions and group discussions. The learning experience will be grounded on instructor-led presentations that highlight key issues to focus on, and supported by a reference manual containing examples of best practice.
Participants will make presentations and receive personal feedback on their performance. Discussions will enable participants to share their own experiences with the rest of the group. Using the most up to date world-class materials, the instructor will take delegates through a journey of learning new skills and give them the confidence to use these skills on their return to their duties.
Day One: Defining Strategic Procurement in the Oil and Gas Industry
- What is world class procurement and supply management?
- Oil and Gas value chain management
- Category management strategies
- E & P total cost of ownership and asset management
- Global procurement contract risks
Day Two: Integrated Supply Chain Strategy
- The importance of a dynamic and collaborative supply chain
- Supply Chain Modes in the Oil and Gas industry
- Demand Vs. Supply management
- Understanding Transport, Logistics and Warehousing
- Supply Chain Integration
Day Three: Supplier Collaboration and Relationship Management
- The importance of strategic supplier relationships
- Supplier collaboration best practices
- Creating and maintaining dynamic and meaningful SLAs
- Supplier relationships – The total management process
- How to get best and sustained value from suppliers and contractors
Day Four: The “LEAN” Approach to Supply Chain Management
- Supplier strategy and rationalization
- Lean tools and techniques
- Understanding the lean approach in the various supply chain links
- Designing lean metrics for optimal performance
- Measuring and improving the supply chain performance
Day Five: Strategic Contract Negotiations
- Understanding key components of a commercial contract
- Preparing for a win/win negotiation
- Dealing with difficult suppliers
- The importance of collaborative, competitive and dynamic negotiations
- Know when and how to renegotiate a contract