An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Hazardous Waste Management and Pollution
Contamination & Hazardous Waste - Management & Prevention
|09 - 13 Oct 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Improper storage of hazardous chemicals- both products and wastes-incompatible inspection of containment materials, using hazardous products when non-hazardous products are available and inadequate online training of staff are some of the leading causes of environmental contamination. Contamination can come in many forms- Some examples of contamination are ground and surface water, land, air, radioactive, food, noise, molds, odor, construction, vibration, etc. and invariably, if these contaminants are not properly dealt with, will result in pollution and in certain situations serious health problems.
This five-day PetroKnowledge online training course will give details on the various types of contaminants and the new frontiers in eliminating or minimizing these contaminants, the use of effective non-hazardous products in your company and also environmentally acceptable methods of disposal for both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
Workshops, videos and classroom audit exercises will enhance the learning process and the economic side of minimizing or preventing pollution by industry and the associated tangible rewards will be emphasized throughout the online training course.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about the various types of contamination and which ones are more applicable to your company
- Encourage and facilitate dialogue with like-minded individuals on specific contamination issues of concern in their organizations and the opportunity to develop regional networks within the GCC area to address common concerns
- Learn about the relevant environmental treaties dealing with contamination and pollution
- Learn how to prioritize contamination problems in dealing with contamination and waste management issues in a logical sequence
- Show and emphasize the close relationship between human health and the environment that’s been directly affected by contamination
- Discussion of the current methodologies for the cleanup of contaminated soil, ground and surface water, air pollution, construction materials and radioactive materials
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training Course for?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Professionals
- Hazardous wastes Management Staff
- Staff responsible for contamination issues
- Laboratory Technicians
- Technical assistants
- Emergency Personnel
- Staff wishing to reduce risk and liability arising from polluting events
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The online training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Brief History of Contamination and Introduction to Hazardous Wastes
- What is contamination and how does it affect us?
- A detailed look at all the various types of contamination
- Global Environmental issues related to contamination
- International Environmental Treaties and Guidelines related to Contamination
- The toxic 12 chemicals and the role of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- The current watch list for chemicals that soon may be added to the toxic 12
- Environmental Law and its significance
- Definition of hazardous Wastes & Non -Hazardous Wastes
- Connecting the dots between Contamination and Hazardous Wastes
Day Two: Management of Contamination and Hazardous Wastes
- Brief review of Day 1 topics
- The relationship between Contamination and Occupational Health & Safety
- The importance of documentation in Hazardous Waste Management
- Some typical Hazardous Waste Regulations and the need for harmonization
- The purpose of a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- The purpose of a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Why a Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is essential for WHMIS and MSDS
- Carrying out a Contamination Audit
- Managing a Waste Disposal Site
- Class Exercise
Day Three: Contamination and Pollution Prevention
Discussions on common contamination sources from the contamination audit, sources of pollution and techniques and technologies to prevent or minimize them.
- Review of Day 2 topics
- Exploration & Production- Refining & Transportation
- Oil Spills with special reference to the April 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil slick occurrence
- Modern Tanker design to minimize the occurrence of a major oil spill
- Other oil related sources of pollution
- The common thread amongst many third world countries concerning pollution issues
- The current concepts of Zero Waste (ZW) and Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) and their limitations
- The Bird Problem- Pollution from bird droppings and dead birds and the latest available technologies to control this problem
- Class Exercise
Day Four: Continuation of Contamination and Pollution Prevention Planning and Contingency Planning for Major Incidents
- Review of Day 3 topics
- Life Cycle Management of all materials being used in a company
- The 5R’s- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover and Rethink
- Detailed requirements for proper storage of hazardous materials
- The importance of on-going online training
- The importance of regular reviews of emergency plans
- Updated information on ISO 14001, 18001 and 9001
- Types of Environmental Audits
- Discussion of some major preventable accidents
Day Five: Big Picture Review of the Management and Prevention of Contamination and Hazardous Wastes
- Review of Day 4 topics
- HAZID (HAZard IDentification)
- HAZOP (HAZard & OPerability)
- Environmental Ethics
- Examples of Environmental Ethics from the Instructor’s personal experiences
- Climate Change update and its significance for the Gulf Coast Countries
- A complete online training course review with some generic recommendations including Greening your Company at a reasonable cost
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›