An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Integrated Formation Evaluation in Clastic and
Understand your Reservoir by Utilizing Drill and Wireline Data
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
This PetroKnowledge online training course provides the participants with an advanced understanding of the integrated formation evaluation techniques and well log analysis applications. The online training course will cover the physical principles of the logging tools and the full advanced interpretation workflow for reservoir characterization.
More specifically, by the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, the participants will understand the properties of the rocks and the reservoir fluids; analyse and integrate the core analysis datasets; evaluate the NMR logs and run the full NMR interpretation workflow; run pressure plots and detect the free water level/oil water contact and run saturation height modeling. The online training course will cover the advanced log interpretation workflow with the quantitative techniques for the quality control and quality assurance procedures for the raw datasets. Different real examples from different parts of the world will be used throughout the course to help the attendees understanding the reservoir characterization concept and the integrated analysis in either clastic or carbonate reservoirs.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight:
- Conventional tools principles and their applications in log interpretation
- Logs QC/QA, Depth matching, splicing and logs normalisation
- Core data analysis and Integration with conventional and advanced E-Logs
- NMR tool principles/interpretation and saturation height modeling
- Advanced reservoir characterization including facies and permeability modeling
- Practical online training examples using different wells in different reservoir types
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will learn the following:
- Tools’ theories and tools’ petrophysical applications
- Running complete petrophysical interpretation for clastic reservoirs
- Integration of the core analysis with conventional/advanced logs workflows
- Generating reservoir Electrofacies and permeability modelling
- Reservoir fluid and pore volume characterization
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Petrophysicists/Log analysts
- Reservoir engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will help the participants and enrich their knowledge in reservoir characterization and log interpretation. By the end of this online training course, the participants will have covered the following:
- Understanding the role of advanced reservoir characterization in fields’ assessment
- Gain knowledge on the advanced formation evaluation techniques and workflows
- QC and QA for the log analysis outputs before the integration in the static and dynamic modeling
- Using the NMR data for reservoir fluid characterization and integration with the well test results
- Complete petrophysical evaluation for new blocks and frontier areas (exploration petrophysics)
The participants will gain extensive knowledge for the advanced formation evaluation techniques. They will be fully capable of running advanced petrophysical workflows, NMR interpretation, saturation height modeling, and facies and permeability modeling. The course will enrich the participants knowledge in core data statistics, core dataset analysis, detecting the reservoirs nature and variations, and how to integrate the core data with the conventional and advanced logs.
Day One: Introduction to Logging Tools and Formation Evaluation
- Lithology tools
- Porosity tools
- Resistivity tools
- Invasion profile
- Difference between clastic and carbonate reservoirs
- Reservoir geosteering and reservoir development
Day Two: Petrophysical Evaluation
- Logs QC/QA, Depth matching, splicing, log normalization
- Using crossplots to detect lithology, porosity and mineralogy
- Shale volume calculation
- Porosity evaluation in clean and shaly formations
- Water resistivity calculation
- Saturation calculation in clean and shaly reservoirs
- Determining the cementation factor and saturation exponent from the core analysis
- Running petrophysical analysis in clastics and carbonates
- Petrophysical analysis in highly deviated and horizontal wells
Day Three: Core Analysis
- Core data analysis
- Core data statistics; detecting the reservoir heterogeneity
- Rock Quality Index and Flow Zone Indicator
- Different facies models
- Reservoir electrofacies and permeability modeling
- Examples and practical exercise using actual core data for advanced reservoir evaluation
- Core integration with wireline and LWD logs
- Exploration and development petrophysics
Day Four: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- NMR tools’ theory
- Understanding the NMR log
- Advanced NMR applications
- NMR interpretation workflow
- NMR integration with well testing
- NMR core integration
- NMR interpretation integration with conventional logs
- Facies from NMR logs
Day Five: Saturation Height Modeling
- Capillary pressure concept
- Facies variations from the capillary pressure curves
- Reservoir pressure analysis
- Understanding the concept of the oil water contact and free water level
- Saturation height modeling
- Exercises on saturation height modeling in clastics and carbonate reservoirs
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates