This PetroKnowledge online training course is an introductory look at ISO/IEC 17025 and its requirements for demonstrating the technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories. In this online training course, you will be introduced to the accreditation process and you will also gain insight into the interpretation of the requirements of this international laboratory standard.
ISO – International Standards Organization
IEC – International Electro Technical Commission
This online training course will illustrate the ISO17025 requirements for testing laboratories, relevant to the operation of their management system, technical competency, validity of analytical results, and the use of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) as a tool in satisfying the above. In particular, the importance of LIMS implementation in meeting the traceability requirements of ISO 17025 will be addressed.
The online training course will also demonstrate the compliance of ISO 17025 with those ISO 9001 and GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) requirements that are relevant to the scope of testing services. In addition, Management and Technical personnel of analytical laboratories will recognize the dire need of implementation of the Standard within their Organization in order to satisfy the needs of their customers and general market needs (e.g. Regulatory Authorities and organizations providing recognition).
This online training course will feature:
- Management requirements of ISO 17025 Quality manual, Document control, Tenders, Suppliers, Service to the customer, Internal audits
- Technical requirements of ISO 17025 Personnel, Equipment, Traceability, Reference standards, Sampling, Quality assurance of results, Test Certificates, O & I’s
- Definition of Laboratory accreditation: Accreditation Bodies (AB’s) and Multilateral Agreements (MLA, MRA, ILAC) on cross frontier recognition of accreditation
- Basic guidelines on the design of a LIMS
- Implementation of a LIMS, in the context of ISO 17025