Project Management is the management of change, but this only works with pre-agreed “goals” and “boundaries” to set the rules of engagement. Requirements Management defines the project and provides a framework to see that those requirements are successfully tracked and completed through all phases of the project. In simple terms, we lay out the project details then analyze the triple constraints of time, cost and performance.
This training course provides proven requirement management techniques and begins by exploring the challenges encountered when gathering requirements. This training course will progress by exploring the bigger picture, understanding what is needed from a strategic perspective, consider operational or tactical requirements. Best-practice standards available will be considered to help establish a framework for your project requirements. Let’s start to develop the appropriate skills to gather, define, agree, and master Project Requirements.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- How to improve chances of achieving all project requirements
- Appropriate documentation for requirements management
- Why requirements management is an excellent basis for handling changes to the project
- How initial requirements, and changes to them, can be better understood by all parties and are validated at proper levels of authorisation
- The importance of developing a clear understanding of requirements & developing and maintaining requirements plans and standards
- Build respect among client groups as someone who delivers