An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Designs, Application, Selection, Installation, Troubleshooting and Maintenance
|17 - 21 Jul 2023||Online||$3,950|
|16 - 20 Oct 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This is an intensive, highly practical, and useful five-day online training course on Mechanical Seals. The participant will gain up-to-date information and practical understanding of the basics, applications, troubleshooting and failure diagnosis, installation, and maintenance of mechanical seal. Mechanical seal for pump and compressor applications will be addressed. Recent design like dry mechanical seal will also be addressed.
The highlights of this online training course are as follows:
- Lubrication and sealing concepts
- Mechanical Seal and Dry Gas Seal design
- Different arrangements of mechanical seals
- Optimal selection of seals and flush plans
- Failure diagnosis and troubleshooting
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will:
- Understand the different types of seals
- Have learned about selection, operation, and maintenance strategies
- Be able to troubleshoot seal problems
- Understand how seals are fitted
- Understand how seals are tested
- Understand API flush plans
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is directed towards:
- Team Leaders in Maintenance, Engineering and Production
This online course on Mechanical Seals will also benefit anyone who wishes to update themselves on Maintenance Engineering Technologies, judge the suitability of these technologies for their needs, and learn how to implement them for the benefit of their organisations.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
On completion of this PetroKnowledge online training course, the delegate will be able to critically analyze the methodologies employed within the organization and instigate improvements where required.
The knowledge gained in this Mechanical Seals online course will:
- Enable the delegate to optimize the operation and maintenance of various types of pumps & compressors
- Give the delegate confidence to carry out failure analyses on seals thereby avoiding repetitive failures
- Improve seal operating and maintenance techniques
- Enable measures to quantify equipment condition
- Give better control of mechanical seal providers
- Enable better identification and specification of new and replacement seals
- Allow tighter control of maintenance budgets by the avoidance of unplanned equipment failures in service
- Improved confidence when dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Better understanding of how manufacturers design and develop mechanical seals for environments
- Better control of the management of pumps and compressor maintenance and operation
- Improved personal knowledge of sealing systems
- Better ability to troubleshoot seal problems and avoid recurrence
- Confidence and ability to select the appropriate flush plan thereby improving reliability and personal profile to senior management
Day One: Basic Concepts of Fluid Sealing
- Role of tribology, leak rates, heat transfer, design considerations, materials, application to mechanical seal
- Lubrication fundamentals
- Basic fluid mechanics, Reynolds equation, lubrication solutions, application to mechanical seal
Day Two: Mechanical Seal Design
- Theoretical aspects and design
- Factors affecting design
- Materials of construction
- Mechanical seal selection
- Data requirements for seal selection
- Seal type selection
- Selection of the primary seal
- Selection of the seal arrangement
Day Three: Mechanical Seals Configurations
- Mechanical seal applications
- Seals Classification
- Wet mechanical seal
- Dry mechanical seal
- Balanced and unbalanced mechanical seals
- Mechanical seals pump considerations
- Mechanical seals compressor considerations
- Mechanical seals troubleshooting
Day Four: Failure Diagnosis
- External symptoms of seal failure
- Visual seal examination
- Common seal failure modes-seal faces
- Common seal failure modes-secondary seals
- Common seal failure modes-seal hardware
- Seal installation tolerances
- Vibration effect on a mechanical seal
- High temperature effect
- Running speed effect
- Rotor balance effect
Mechanical Seal Operation
- Operating limits
- Operating conditions
Day Five: Mechanical Seal Performance
- Acceptable performance
- Mechanical seal related standards
- Pre-installation machine checks
- Mechanical seal installation
- Mechanical seal maintenance
- Seal handling and inspection
Testing and Verification of Mechanical Seals
- Degree of testing
- Type of test
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with The Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›