Why Choose this Online Training Course?
The Oil and Gas industry have offshore design engineering and construction projects as well as maintenance services which are technically and commercially challenging therefore good knowledge and competency of the project team members throughout the different phases of works are keys to the successful execution of these projects. This online training seminar aims to provide the participants with comprehensive foundation knowledge of Offshore Engineering.
This PetroKnowledge Offshore Engineering online training seminar starts with an introduction of Field Development Planning (FDP) and Project Management, followed by design engineering, procurement, substructures and topsides fabrication, load-out and sea transportation, offshore installation, hook-up, commissioning, and start-up. An overview of the major and support marine vessels, cranes and pipe-laying equipment will also be described. This PetroKnowledge online training seminar places particular emphasis on the principles and steps of the works, using engineering calculations, flowcharts and diagrams to enhance the learning experience of the participants. Relevant international and typical client engineering standards will be referred to. Rules of thumb, engineering formulas, flowcharts and diagrams will be used to illustrate the principles and steps required for each part of the work. Real-life project examples as well as video clips will be used to demonstrate these offshore engineering activities and to aid the familiarisation and learning of the participants.
With a good foundation knowledge of offshore engineering, it is hoped that the participants will be better prepared to function in the design engineering, fabrication and construction department, offshore installation, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of offshore projects. Such roles include field and discipline engineers, project engineer, cost estimating engineers, fabrication contract admin executives, CSR, construction supervisors and engineers, or fabrication engineer. This PetroKnowledge Offshore Engineering online training seminar will also be useful for university lecturers who wish to supplement their teaching materials and theoretical knowledge with real-life domain or practical knowledge of offshore engineering competencies and skills in pursuit of their CPD certification with Institution of Engineers at their respective countries.
This PetroKnowledge online training seminar will feature:
- Overview of field development planning (FDP) and project management
- Design engineering process, deliverables and flowchart
- Fabrication techniques such as cutting and welding, blasting and painting
- Erection and assembly techniques, including cranes and lifting techniques
- Load-out techniques, preparations and ballasting
- Sea-fastening engineering and implementation
- Major and support marine vessels, major installation equipment
- Structure and topsides installation techniques
- Pipelaying and riser installation activities
- Subsea installation and diving support activities
- Hook-up workpack process and execution
- Mobilisation of marine vessels, construction crew, marine crew and construction equipment
- Hook-up activities for each engineering discipline
- Commissioning activities, start-up and handover to client