An Intensive 10-Day Training Course
Oil & Gas Management Certificate
in Business Excellence
The Essential Skills to Develop and Thrive in the Global Energy Industries
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
This innovative and creative training seminar is an extensive masterclass in the most important aspect of business and organisational excellence. It will provide you with the skills and competencies to thrive as a Manager or Leader in any Oil, Gas, Petrochemical or Energy organisation. This training course is highly practical and focused on developing your skills and competencies.
In today’s competitive and volatile environment, it is increasingly necessary for organisations to identify and develop managers and leaders with a broad understanding of the issues necessary to manage over a wide range of operations. This interactive training course is designed to provide managers with the necessary skills and knowledge and to prepare them for more senior responsibilities within their organisations.
This Petroknowledge training seminar will highlight:
- Key people management skills and techniques
- Innovation, Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Strategy, strategic planning & strategic thinking
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- The best methods for problem solving and making decisions
- Developing Your Cultural Intelligence
- Team Leadership
- The Psychology of Communication
- HR for non-HR Managers
- Developing your career
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this Petroknowledge training seminar, you will learn to:
- Describe the latest thinking in management and leadership
- Explain the fundamentals of innovation
- Develop a business model canvas supporting value creation
- Apply appropriate tools to understand and evaluate strategy
- Identify appropriate decision-making techniques
- Distinguish between groups and teams
- Apply the 5-forces model to current business strategy
- List the five value dimensions
- Explain in own words the meaning of key financial terms
- Develop a personal career SWOT
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Training Seminar for?
This training seminar will be suitable for a wide range of professionals in the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Energy Industries, however it will most suite:
- Leaders, Managers & Supervisors
- Any professional who needs to develop their professional skills
- Technical staff moving into a people management role
- Professionals who have not undertaken a formal MBA program
- Human Resource Management Professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Training Seminar will be Presented?
Participants to this training seminar will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Trainer utilising a variety of proven adult techniques. Seminar methodology includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive Trainer lead sessions of discussion. Role-plays, small group work, exercises and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
This highly interactive training seminar will assist the participants to understand the critical elements of business excellence.
- A focus on a new way to think about business communication
- Managers and Leaders committed to delivering transformational leadership
- Facilitating development for managers at all levels
- Improved teamwork and communication across the organisation
- Staff who appreciate best practices in business excellence
- Participants will leave with transferable and deliverable skills
The participants will learn practical skills that readily can be applied to their work environment and help to achieve organisational goals.
- Understand the pathway to personal and business success
- Learn the latest methods to deliver effective people management
- Enhanced skills in business communication
- Be able to provide effective and constructive team management
- Gain practical skills in a safe and constructive environment
- Develop transferable and deliverable skills
Day One: Sustainable Leadership in the Energy Industries
- An Introduction to the Ley Principles of Leadership
- The Differences Between Leadership & Management
- Transformational Leadership Explored
- Sustainable Leadership and Why it Matters
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Day Two: Understanding Strategy
- Strategy, Strategic Planning & Strategic Thinking
- Why Vision and Mission Statements Matter?
- Practical Tools for Strategic Planning (SWOT & PESTLE)
- Introducing Porter’s Five-Forces
- The Business Model Canvas
Day Three: Innovation, Creativity and Critical Thinking
- What is Innovation and Where Does it Come From
- Becoming Innovative
- Introduction to Disruptive Innovation (DI)
- Understanding the Power of Creativity
- Core Critical Thinking Skills
Day Four: The Psychology Of Communication
- The Psychology of Communication
- The Main Barriers to Effective Communication
- Understanding Your Communication Style
- Developing Listening Skills
- Asking the Right Questions in the Correct Way
Day Five: Finance For Non-Financial Managers
- The Accounting and Finance System
- Key Financial Terms You Must Know as a Manager
- Budgeting Processes
- Conflicting Roles of Budgets
- Peer Groups & Capital Budgeting
Day Six: Decision Making & Solving Problems
- An Introduction to Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- The CATWOE Technique & Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Repetitive Why & Cause-And-Effect Analysis
- Brainstorming – You May Have Been Doing It Wrong
- Ways of Making the Decision (Vroom-Jago Decision Model)
Day Seven: Team Leadership
- The Differences of Groups and Teams
- Creating a High-Performance Team
- The Stages of Team Development
- Barriers to Team Decision-Making
- Recognizing and Overcoming Groupthink
Day Eight: Developing Your Cultural Intelligence
- Understanding Globalisation and Culture
- The Five Value Dimensions
- Dealing With Younger Generations (X, Y & Z)
- Developing a Global Mindset
- Diversity & Inclusion
Day Nine: HR For Non-HR Managers
- What is HRM?
- Strategic HR
- The HR Department
- The Role of HR Vs The Role of the Manager
- Key Issues in HRM
Day Ten: Developing Your Career
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Emotional Intelligence
- Giving & Receiving Effective Feedback
- Understanding Your Learning Styles
- Developing Your Personal Career SWOT
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates