An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Process Engineering Essentials
Upstream & Downstream Process Control & Optimisation
|08 - 12 May 2023||Online||$3,950|
|25 - 29 Sep 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
The Process Engineering Essentials online training course in is well-matched to those professionals and practitioners who require familiarity not only with chemical engineering principles, but also with many of the other engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and instrumentation. This is essential since Process Engineering is at the heart of much of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. Process Engineers are interested in the transportation and transformation of solids, liquids and gases. In the oil and gas sector, of specific importance are separation processes including distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics and fluid flow, reaction engineering, but also process control and economics. This training course focuses on the central areas of process engineering and guides the delegates in developing both fundamental and practical understandings of key issues.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- A practical introduction to the fundamentals of process engineering
- Key areas applicable to major process industries especially oil, gas & petrochemical
- Process Engineering influence on Safety and Risk
- Optimisation of process design and control.
- Costs and project costing
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand fundamental principles used in processes and facilities
- Apply practical understanding of hydraulics and fluid flow
- Apply learning from historical safety incidents
- Perform relevant calculations & analyses to assist in operation, sizing, & troubleshooting
- Develop perspective & focus from a company viewpoint of interaction of different engineering disciplines
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit Technical and non-technical personnel in the chemical, petrochemical, oil and process industries with a need to understand and discuss fundamental process engineering issues:
- Plant/Operations Personnel and Managers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Trainee Process Engineers
- R&D Chemists, Plant Chemists
- Economists and Business Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location
Day One: Introduction and Fundamentals of Process Engineering
- Mass and energy balances
- Reactor types
- Process & Engineering Diagrams
- Electrical area classification
- Risk Management and Hazard Studies
Day Two: Hydraulics and Fluid flow
- Pressure and head & Bernoulli's theorem
- Flow of liquids, Reynolds number and pressure drop in pipes
- Two-phase and multi-phase flow
- Enthalpy and thermodynamics
- Principle of process relief devices and process design of relief systems
- Mechanical Equipment – Pumps, Compressors & Mixers
Day Three: Heat Transfer and Reaction Engineering
- Heat Transfer Mechanisms
- Heat transfer coefficients and calculation
- Heat exchangers, type and sizing
- Catalysis and Reaction Engineering
- Chemical reactions & kinetics
- Green Chemistry & Engineering and Sustainability
Day Four: Distillation Processes and Equipment
- Phase behavior and vapour/liquid equilibria
- Gas/Liquid separation
- Distillation equipment - Columns and vessels
- Troubleshooting of process equipment
- Overview of Other Separation Processes
- Effluent treatment [in refinery and petrochemical] industries
Day Five: Process Control and Economics
- Classification of control systems
- Measured variables
- Simple feedback control
- Preliminary economic analysis
- Fixed and variable costs, break even analysis
- Estimating the cost of process equipment and plants
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates