|01 - 05 Nov 2021
||Istanbul - Turkey
|16 - 20 Jan 2022
||Dubai - UAE
|05 - 09 Jun 2022
||Dubai - UAE
|24 - 28 Oct 2022
||Istanbul - Turkey
Why Choose this Training Course?
This intensive Process Plant Troubleshooting & Engineering Problem Solving training course is a must if your company’s goals include reducing costs and preserving the lives of your employees because it delivers a wide range of pro-active, efficient troubleshooting skills. It has been proven that technical competence alone is no longer enough to ensure consistent operational performance. Excellent troubleshooting skills are considered a core competency for 'Best-in-Class' modern industrial companies. In the competitive world that we are living in, it is essential that we optimize our efforts to secure the desired outcomes, and this training course will equip the delegate with the basic tools and understanding to make that happen.
This PetroKnowledge training course will feature:
- The understanding of terminologies; tools and techniques
- The Application of a standard “Blue-Print” for problem analysis and resolution
- How to utilize Maturity Indexing; Planning; and Protocols
- The useful Case Studies; Exercises and Analysis
- Learning the “Human Factors” as a Source of Error
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the difference and consequences between pro-active and reactive problem solving
- Develop a structured approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Understand continuous improvement in the way you run your processes
- Implement teamwork and leadership principles; support and cooperation practices
- Understand work practices which "allow" success in troubleshooting and problem solving.
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Employees who are responsible for leading and directing people to achieve and improve productivity levels
- Those faced with the challenge of solving plant related problems
- Production, Maintenance Engineering and Process Engineering personnel
- Supervisors who are involved in the Operations / Maintenance function
- Planners, Coordinators, Engineers and Technologists.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This highly interactive training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a facilitative style with a combination of lecture, practical experience in the use of techniques, case studies and a high level of lively debate and sharing of ideas. Delegates will be encouraged to introduce problems of their own for discussion and analysis.
Day One: Introductory Concepts
- Defining the nature of problems
- Utilising a Common Terminology
- Techniques introduction
- Tools introduction
- Levels of Performance Standard
- Critical Relationships
Day Two: Tools & Techniques – Practical Experience
- Application of Decision Logic
- Practical Maturity Indexing
- Relationships Analysis
- Problem Analysis and Synthesis
- Practical Use of Tools and Techniques
- Project selection methods
Day Three: People Issues
- Working practices – empowerment or impairment?
- Group dynamics
- Individual motivators: External vs. Internal Motivation
- Developing Leadership Competence
- Managing change via the Transition Matrix
Day Four: Operator, Maintainer, Designer Interface
- Cross functional problem solving
- Development of Maintenance strategy
- Life Cycle Analysis, Design for Operation, Design for Maintenance
- Variability Analysis
- Strategies; Planning; and Protocols
- Effect of improved “Fit” between critical parameters in Operations
Day Five: Open Forum
- Concepts, Tools and Techniques applied to problems
- Configuration Management
- Commercial Programs
- The Critical stages of Data Maturity
- Case Studies and Action Plans
- Wrap up