This Project Appraisal: Financial and Economic Factors online training course aimed to equip the participants with modern and sophisticated tools and techniques. They will acquire essential skills to value investment opportunities using various techniques, source of funds available to the firms at different stages, techniques for risk assessment and measurements, and sufficient cash flow management.
Making effective and sound investment decision is critical in a contemporary business environment. In a competitive economy, financial decisions play important roles in achieving organization goals and contributing to the economic growth. Decision making process requires skills to effectively assess organizations capabilities and opportunities using various methods. Organizations are constantly facing very dynamic and volatile market conditions that requires effective and thorough skills when making decision is such environment.
Choosing the appropriate technique in making financial decisions is challenging in today’s economic climate due to rapid changes in organizations’ risks. The most comprehensive tools in assessing investment opportunities include: Net Present Values (NPV), Internal Rate of Returns (IRR), Payback rule and Option valuation.
This PetroKnowledge "Project Appraisal: Financial and Economic Factors" online training course will highlight:
- The analysis of investment decisions using time-adjusted measures and real options techniques
- Acquire an understanding of the fundamentals of effective management of cash flow
- How to value investments using a range of techniques?
- Understanding short-term and long-term funds available to firms
- The nature of financial statements and the key financial tools and techniques in the broader context of how and where they are applied for the assessment of business performance