Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge online seminar will give you practical approaches to improving the success rate of larger projects and quickly identifying those needing intervention or early cancellation. It will show you what foundations need to be in place in your project methodology and explain the role of key stakeholders in oversight and approval processes.
The online seminar will help your organisation review and improve high-level processes for managing project selection, prioritisation, resourcing, reporting, and evaluating projects. It will demonstrate the critical importance of the control of the management of risk and uncertainty.
The online seminar is not about the detail of project management. Instead, it is about ensuring that project management is being done well and provides timely, accurate, and relevant information that will allow steering committees, sponsors, and PMOs to perform their roles efficiently and effectively.
The content will highlight:
- How to organise and mandate effective governance processes suitable to the type and scale of projects
- How to ensure that project management methodologies and governance processes are aligned
- How to avoid inefficient, misleading or ineffective reporting and decision making
- How to maximise the value of stage-gate processes and clarify key stakeholders’ roles in them
- How to ensure that continuous learning is used to improve the performance of both current and future projects
Please note that the seminar is focused on larger, strategically significant projects and is not designed for fast-moving software development project environments using Agile or similar approaches.