Why Choose this Training Course?
The objective of the Risk Analysis Prospect Evaluation and Exploration Economics online training course is to provide the participants with an understanding of the risk issues affecting the oil and gas industry and to enable them to appraise key energy challenges. These include but are not limited to: risks from volatile commodity prices, safety and environmental pressures and regulations, additional risks of noncompliance, and of major cost overruns for large Exploration and Production projects.
Exploration and Production companies must often evaluate the potential of their investment using proper present value analyses of expected future cash flows. This PetroKnowledge training course provides a practical guidance in the application of economic analysis techniques currently used in the oil & gas industry. When executing a petroleum related project, one should be able to choose the best alternative, from an economic point of view, by properly evaluating all investment opportunities. By understanding and determining the concepts of economic indicators, risk and uncertainty analysis, by conduction sensitivity analyses, as well as grasping different economic structures such as tax regimes and production sharing contracts, they will be able to enhance the quality and value of the economic analysis.
Techniques for predicting profit, production, costs, and cash flow will enable the participant to evaluate decision alternatives for optimum results. From the projected cash flows and required investments, the annual rate of return and other project economic indicators can be extracted to evaluate the significance of company investment.
Participants will learn how to manage the risks in oil and gas industry, in a prioritized manner, communicate risk judgments effectively and know how to design an overall risk management system to conduct specific analyses thus gaining a comprehensive exposure to financial and energy risk management tools and strategies. Furthermore, participants will be taught how classic risk management techniques must be adapted and extended to meet risk management for complex Oil and Gas energy markets.
This Risk Analysis Prospect Evaluation and Exploration Economics online training course will feature:
- Familiarization with economic analysis techniques for the oil and gas industry
- Holistic Approach to Petroleum related project evaluation methods
- Economic criteria for investment project evaluations
- Financing oil and gas projects, cost of capital and discount rate
- Screening and ranking of petroleum projects based on evaluating investment opportunities
- Introduction to risk analysis, risk and discount rate and sensitivity analysis
- Project management risks: Identifying project risks and uncertainties.
- Application of risk management methods in mitigating the identified risks of the project
- Make the right investment decision in the presence of risk
- Operational risks, environment, Health and Safety Regulations
- Carry out a comprehensive economic evaluation study for any petroleum related project including risk analysis and sensitivity study using spreadsheet