An Intensive 3-Day Training Course
Risk Management and Control
How to Avoid Problems and Exploit Opportunities
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
Recent events in the world have brought risk into higher profile. Evaluating the range of risk responses available and deciding the most appropriate response in each case is at the heart of risk management. Responding to risks should produce benefits for us as individuals, as well as for the organizations where we work and/or are employed.
Risk is often assumed to signify negative consequences, but taking a risk can also result in a positive outcome. This course will show you how to minimize issues, exploit opportunity and manage uncertainty.
This course is structured around the ISO 31000:2009 framework, principles and process. It will also highlight internal control and explain how to measure risk in terms of consequences and likelihood, as recommended by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
This course will highlight:
- The knowledge to identify, analyze, evaluate, treat, monitor and control risks
- An overview of the tools and techniques used in risk management
- Insights into the fundamentals and role of risk management
- Effective risk management procedures based on ISO 31000:2009
- Increasing confidence in planning for risk and exercising internal control
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this course, you will learn to:
- Understand risk management and its application and context within an organization
- Understand how risks are identified, evaluated, and managed in support of the strategic, business, operational and project strategies of the organization.
- Appreciate the importance of a risk management process
- Brief overview of mainstream global processes, guidelines and standards
- Explain how the Risk Management Cycle utilizes logical reasoning and critical thinking to address risk management problems
- Describe how risk management alternatives are developed and evaluated in order to support better decisions to effectively manage risk
- Explain how and why the management of risk is one of the fundamental strategies adopted in meeting mission performance expectations
- Describe the characteristics of effective risk communication
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of Professionals in operational, functional and support areas.
This course will also be of benefit to:
- Finance professionals
- And similar roles
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
This course utilizes a range of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussions, case studies, presentations and exercises.
Each session allows you to develop your skills using real case studies then apply them to your organisation to analyse the effectiveness of your results orientation.
Day One: Understanding Risk Management – Context and Application
- Strategy – the foundation of your business
- Understanding risk management as a strategy
- Risk aversion and risk tolerance
- Defining risk
- What do we mean by ‘risk’
- Where are the boundaries?
- What drives risk?
- Business drivers of risk
- Risk, assumptions, uncertainty and paradox
- Top 10 strategic risks for business
- The Risk Management Cycle - logical reasoning and critical thinking
Day Two: Identifying, Evaluating and Managing Risk
- Global processes, guidelines and standards
- Risk management process
- Risk assessment – identification, analysis and evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Management of risk
- Risk registers
- Embedding risk management
- Ensuring that risk management becomes part of the culture
- IT and risk solutions
- Risk management in a programme /project environment.
Day Three: Understanding and Managing Specific Types of Risk
- Strategic risk, including:
- Risk arising from change
- Risk and business continuity
- Reputational risk
- Operational risk, including:
- Health and safety risk
- Supply chain risk
- Project risks
- Financial risk, including:
- Litigation risk
- Liquidity risk
- Intellectual property risk
- Contract risk
- Course summary
- Action planning and next steps
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›