An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Risk Management, Control & Compliance
Minimising Risk and Exercising Internal Control
|19 - 23 Jun 2023||Online||$3,950|
|06 - 10 Nov 2023||Online||$3,950|
|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This Petroknowledge “Risk Management, Control and Compliance” virtual training seminar will enable you to deal with one of the most difficult challenges in 21st century management.
Evaluating the range of available risk management techniques and choosing the most appropriate action in each case are increasingly significant elements of managerial responsibility in today’s business environment. We cannot eliminate risk entirely, but our challenge is to identify the right risk to take and to minimise its potential negative impact. The seminar will show you how to analyse and minimise risk; turn risk into opportunity; and manage uncertainty.
This Petroknowledge course is structured around the ISO 31000:2009 framework, principles and processes. It will also demonstrate how to develop internal control mechanisms and explain how to measure risk in terms of probability and potential impact, at the same time as ensuring that the organisation complies with increasingly strict international standards of corporate governance.
This online training seminar will highlight:
- The knowledge to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat, monitor and control risks
- An overview of leading-edge tools and techniques used in risk management
- Insights into the fundamentals and role of risk management
- Effective risk management procedures based on ISO 31000:2009
- Increasing confidence in managing risk and exercising internal control
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this online training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand risk management and its application within an organisation
- Identify, evaluate and control risk in strategy and operations of your organisation
- Design and implement an effective risk management process
- Ensure that your organisation can meet the rising standards of corporate governance
- Communicate the characteristics of effective risk management to your teams
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This Petroknowledge Risk Management, Control and Compliance training seminar is potentially of great value to a wide range of managers who are responsible for evaluating issues that affect decisions on risk and the challenges of keeping control of increasingly complex businesses.
The following would benefit from this training:
- Strategic and Operational Planners
- Financial Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Systems and Process Design Specialists
- Marketing and Commercial Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
In sending delegates to this online training seminar, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Realistic perspectives on business prospects
- Risk-adjusted evaluations of development opportunities
- Improved feasibility analysis of proposed new projects
- Improved performance in strategic and operational management
- Closer match of programme / project objectives and outcomes
- Guaranteed compliance with rising standards of corporate governance
In attending this Petroknowledge online training seminar, individual delegates will enhance the following skills:
- Incorporating risk analysis in all decisions
- Keeping projects under control against objectives and outcomes
- Applying risk-adjusted calculations of business potential
- Reducing the failure rate of high-risk projects
- Contributing to continuous improvement of risk, control and compliance processes
- Involving all team members in identifying and minimising risk
Day One: Understanding Risk Management – Context and Application
- Creating a Robust Strategy – The foundation of your business
- Understanding the Difference between Strategic and Operational Risk
- Risk and Uncertainty: The Difference between the Two Terms
- Risk Aversion and Risk Tolerance – Project Selection and Prioristisation
- Using Quantitative and Qualitative Techniques in Assessing Risk
- The Concept of the Risk Management Cycle and How This Works
Day Two: Identifying and Evaluating Risk
- The Principal Drivers of Risk in Contemporary Business
- Assessing Most Significant Categories of Risk for Business
- Global Processes, Guidelines and Standards in Risk Assessment
- The Relevance of ISO and the Professional Institutions
- Application of the Main Tools and Techniques in Managing Risk and Uncertainty
- Optimising a Risk Management Process
Day Three: Understanding and Managing Specific Types of Risk (I)
- Strategic Risk – Deciding on the programme / project mix
- Incorporating Risk Analysis into Business Development Decisions
- Contingency Planning and Understanding Risk Exposure
- Operational Risk – Coping with variance and divergence from plan
- Managing Complexity in Contemporary Business Structures
- Managing Risk Associated with Alliances and Joint Ventures
Day Four: Understanding and Managing Specific Types of Risk (II)
- Financial Risk – Capital market dynamics, exchange rate exposure
- Risks Associated with Different Forms of Corporate Capital Structure
- Risks Associated with Management of Cash Flow / Credit
- Legal Risk – The Requirements of Corporate Governance
- Risks Associated with Intellectual Property Law
- Product Liability / Litigation / Reputational Risk
Day Five: Embedding Risk Management into the Corporate Culture
- Latest Developments in the Field of Risk Management
- A Structured Approach to Implementing Risk Management
- Designing / Developing a Risk Management Process for Your Own Organisation
- Implementing and Embedding a Risk Management Culture in Your Organisation
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›