An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Safety in Process Equipment
Design and Operation
Risk Minimization Approach
|04 - 08 Sep 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
In all steps of designing of pressure equipment related to hydrocarbons and chemical processing and applied in Oil & Gas, Chemical and Process industries, the process safety comes on the top of the list of all considerations. The safety remains to be of utmost importance during operation and maintenance and must be verified with various methodologies.
This PetroKnowledge Safety in Process Equipment Design & Operation online training course provides an overview of important elements of process safety as they are often encountered in today’s industrial practice. The emphasis is on engineering design aspects of Process Safety Management and it will highlight the safeguarding aspects of processing equipment inside the plant. Techniques for analyzing and mitigating process safety hazards applicable to Oil & Gas processing will be reviewed. Integration of the concepts required to achieve an optimum approach to Process Safety Engineering is the main goal of this online training course. Exercises and useful examples will be utilized throughout the online training to emphasize the key learning points.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Importance of the concept of “Inherently Safer Design”
- Design principles based on Standards for safe operation of process equipment
- Selection and sizing of safety valves and pressure relief systems
- Methods for process hazards analysis: HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA
- Detection and prevention methods for fire and explosion accidents
- Plant Equipment Inspection (NDT) and Maintenance Procedures
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understanding different aspects of process design that influence process safety
- Appreciate “inherently safer design” for the entire process plant operation
- Evaluate mechanical integrity of process equipment
- Identify hazards associated with process fluids regarding impact on material degradation
- Follow code requirements for sizing relief valves to handle relief streams
- Operate Emergency De-Pressuring Systems (EDP) in case of fire and gas explosions
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Operation, Technical Service and Maintenance Professionals
- Technical Professionals responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment
- Professionals involved in inspection and maintenance and repair
- Project Engineers and HSE Professionals
- Technical Professionals dealing with risk assessment and integrity analysis
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
On completion of this PetroKnowledge Safety in Process Equipment Design & Operation online training course, the delegate will be able to critically analyse the safety methodologies employed within the organisation and instigate improvements where required.
The knowledge gained in this PetroKnowledge online training course will:
- Enable the delegate to optimise the operation of various components of equipment while maintaining safety of the plant
- Give the delegate confidence to carry out risk minimization analyses on process equipment thereby avoiding failures
- Enable measures to enhance equipment status for the given operating conditions
- Give better handling of pressure relief system
- Enable better specification of new and replacement of old elements of piping system
- Allow tighter control of maintenance budgets by the avoidance of unplanned equipment failures in service
- Improved confidence when considering safety issues
- Better understanding of how the process design impacts safety of the plant
- Better grasp of maintenance and instrumentation on incident prevention
- Improved personal knowledge of risk and hazard analysis
- Better ability to troubleshoot difficult and hazardous situations
- Confidence and ability to select the appropriate depressuring plan thereby improving reliability and personal profile to senior management
Day One: Overview of Safety in Process Design
- Definition of Safety in Process Design
- Overview of Historical Incidents and Problem Areas
- Components of Process Safety: People, Plant, Process
- Risk Identification and Safety Analysis
- Process Hazard Analysis: HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA
- Hazards Associated with Specific Plant Systems
- Elimination of Hazards through Process Design
- Prevention of Human Error through Process Control and Monitoring
Day Two: Inherently Safer Design
- Inherently Safer Design Methodology
- Pre-Design and Design Phases
- Materials of Construction and Optimized Fabrication
- Hazard Associated with Process Fluids and Chemical Reactions
- Corrosion, Erosion and Material Degradation
- Leakage and Loss of Primary Containment
- Dispersion of Hydrocarbon Release
- Flammability of Chemicals
Day Three: Safety of Process Equipment
- Hazard Associated with Process Equipment
- Safety Considerations in Reactor Design
- Design Procedure for Safety of Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks, Reactors, Heat Exchangers
- Venting of Tanks and Vessels: Codes, Standards and Best Practices
- Piping System Design and Safety
- Design of Piping System Accessories: Valves, Fittings, Supports
- Assessment of Material Degradation during In-Life Cycle: Fitness for Service
- Monitoring, Testing, and Inspection (NDT)
Day Four: Design of Pressure Relief Systems
- Design of Safety Valves
- Operation of Pressure Relief System
- Calculation and Sizing of Relief Loads of Pressure Relief Systems
- Pressure Relief Valves vs. Rupture Discs
- Codes, Standards and Best Practices
- Specifics of Pressure Relief Systems for Pumps, Compressors, Turbines
- Process Plant Disposal Systems
- Disposal Hazards, Risk Assessment and Environmental Factors
Day Five: Process Monitoring and Control
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Process Plant Monitoring and Control System: SCADA
- Emergency De-Pressuring Systems (EDP)
- Prevention of Fire and Gas or Dust Explosions
- Safety Consideration in Plant Layout and Equipment Spacing
- Management of Change and Integrity Operation Window
- Plant Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Procedures
- Final Conclusions
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›