Why Choose this Training Course?
A stakeholder is a person, group or organization that has an interest in an organization, because they are affected by its operations or can affect Its operations. Stakeholders have an impact on every organization, public or private sector – some are internal, others are external, but the higher priority stakeholders must be engaged, their expectations understood and strategies developed, planned and implemented to recognize and address their concerns. All groups of stakeholders must be recognized and treated equitably, as part of good governance. Stakeholder management involves both hard and soft skills, with some understanding of human nature, culture and communications added, finished off with the ability to influence and negotiate with integrity.
This PetroKnowledge Stakeholder Management training course will introduce you to the relevant tools and techniques, as well as a leading standard, that will help you to engage and manage stakeholders effectively and efficiently. This will include learning the stakeholder management processes, developing an understanding of human behavior and how to influence it, analyzing and planning communication strategies, as well as using the techniques of principled negotiation and influencing without authority, to achieve your goals. This will be achieved with a mixture of short theory blocks, backed up by many interactive exercises and role plays, to help you practice your newly learned skills in a safe learning environment.
This Stakeholder Management training course will highlight:
- The first principles of managing stakeholders
- The stakeholder management process and typical plans/documents
- Developing communication strategies and plans for successful engagement
- The key interpersonal skills and an introduction to personality and behavior and their relevance to managing stakeholders
- The importance of being able to understand the national, regional, corporate and business unit cultures that influence your stakeholders’ behaviors