This training course currently do not have a scheduled session. If you wish to attend this course, let us
know your preferred dates by calling us at +971 56 2227795 or email at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Attend this Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass to get to grips with a new fully integrated approach to workforce planning drawing in all the different facets to this business critical process. Not only does it explore the core components to workforce planning, this masterclass also shows how to move the approach from backroom black box operations to gaining a place in the organization’s strategic development process. Furthermore this top level approach will then inform the organization’s resourcing, talent management and talent development strategies.
This training course will highlight:
- The breadth of activity that is incorporated in modern workforce planning
- The need for broad stakeholder involvement in planning and implementing workforce planning
- Workforce planning will depend on the business strategy of the organization
- The various activities incorporated into workforce planning beyond only the numbers
- Alternative options to having the workforce totally in-house
- The need for both a broad mindset and the ability to collaborate across the organisation
What are the Goals?
This masterclass aims to show you how to move from traditional manpower planning to modern workforce planning, raising your profile and the effectiveness of the process.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Apply appropriate workforce planning tools and techniques to your business strategy
- Review your own practices and make appropriate changes
- Think both strategically and tactically to enable effective workforce planning
- Understand the core HR components of modern workforce planning to ensure alignment
- Overcome challenges to effective workforce planning and build on enablers
- Apply good ideas from colleagues from other organisations
Who is this Training Course for?
Workforce planning typically involves the HR function, finance and senior line management so it is aimed at these key stakeholder groups.
This PetroKnowledge course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR specialists
- HR Business Partners
- Finance people involved in planning, strategic cost control
- Line managers with responsibility for talent management
- Senior managers with responsibility for resourcing their department/division/business
- Senior managers with responsibility for defining and developing organizational strategy
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Material will be presented by short presentation, case studies, and video clips aided by facilitation, and questioning to get the maximum learning from information presented. Discussion groups/action learning sets will also feature strongly for delegates to be able to share their knowledge and experience with the wider group in both learning about content (the ‘what’) as well as process (the ‘how’).
Day One: Clarifying the Integrated, Multi-Faceted Approach to Modern Workforce Planning
- Why workforce planning is needed
- Case study highlighting the core features of effective workforce planning
- The breadth of effective workforce planning
- Leading principles in workforce planning
- Effective workforce planning – what organization is required: mini case studies
Day Two: Auditing Current Workforce Planning Processes
- Linking workforce planning to business strategy
- Tools to analyse the future
- Scenario planning
- Measures to assist workforce planning – demand and supply forecasting and planning
- Defining responsibilities
- The importance of branding and delivering consistent messages into the marketplace
- Gap analysis – resourcing options
- Gap analysis – talent development options
- Managing growth and decline
- Scenario planning
Day Three: Implementing Integrated Workforce Planning
- Linking workforce planning to other aspects of HR
- Resource and talent planning to ensure the right people are in place Learning and talent development to develop the skills for the future Setting foundations for effective succession planning
- Career planning processes
- Employee engagement- the need for retaining key multi-generational staff
- Using technology to support workforce planning
Day Four: Modern Workforce Planning in Practice
- Challenges and enablers for effective workforce planning
- Engaging senior management – further developing the skills
- Producing information that is useful for line managers
- Linking workforce plans to the business plan
- Creating organizational flexibility
Day Five: Bringing all the Aspects of Workplace Planning Together
- Translating the theory to practice - action learning set(s) – facilitator-led session sharing challenges and recommending solutions
- Creating a collaborative cross-functional approach to workforce planning
- Summary of key messages from effective workforce planning practices
- Summary of key learnings from delegates during the week
- Action planning