An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Understanding and Preventing Process Equipment Failures
Testing, Analysis and Inspection
|09 - 13 Oct 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
Process equipment, structures and piping systems may be subjected to severe service conditions including high constant or fluctuating stresses, extreme temperatures and various types of corrosion. This could cause loss of structural integrity, leading to degradation and damage. If such damage is not detected and assessed in a timely manner, it could result in catastrophic failures with potentially enormous consequential losses of life and assets.
To ensure that engineering systems are capable of handling the service conditions in all foreseeable operating scenarios, they must first be designed through the selection of appropriate materials of construction and in accordance with recognized design methodologies and codes.
It is also important to incorporate safeguards and controls to prevent operation outside the "design and operational envelope" and to inspect the process equipment with the view to detect any damage, characterize it, and assess its impact on the equipment "Fitness For Service".
This comprehensive and structured Process Equipment Failures online training course aims at providing a clear understanding of the major degradation mechanisms that process equipment and systems will be subjected to during their operating life, how to identify them, their effect on the integrity of the equipment and what appropriate measures can be taken to prevent and control the resultant damage.
This online training course will feature:
- Main aspects of mechanical testing of structures
- Knowledge of the main types of structural failure
- Aspects of structural integrity and mitigation techniques
- Safe control and best practice use of engineering equipment
- Inspection and non destructive methods
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this online training course, participants will enhance their competencies in the following areas:
- Understanding and prediction of the degradation mechanisms that affect process equipment fitness for service and could result in significant potential failures.
- The inter-dependence of design, operation, and maintenance for achieving mechanical integrity of mechanical equipment.
- Have a sound knowledge of the various types mechanical failure mechanisms, including fracture mechanics, Fatigue, Creep and corrosion.
- Understand the basic concepts of inspection and NDT methods and their effective application.
- Be familiar with relevant failure mitigation principles.
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is intended for:
- Staff who use or supervise activities requiring the selection, design/fabrication or use of mechanical equipment or component parts
- Engineers who seek a basic understanding of the practical aspects of evaluation of structural integrity
- Operation, technical service and maintenance professionals from various processing plants involved in everyday operation, control, inspection and maintenance of equipment.
- Engineers and consultants dealing with planning of new production plants, retrofitting plants and introducing new technologies
- Technical professionals responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment
- Project and asset managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Materials Testing and Failure
- Course objectives and overview
- Materials Testing – Tensile, Impact, Hardness
- Types of Failures – Ductile/brittle fracture, Temperature Effects
- Analytical Tools – Visual examination of fracture surface, Fractography, Microscopy
- Industrial Failures – Examples of Failures and Causes
Day Two: Damage and Interpretation of Failure I
- Stress Concentrating
- Fracture Mechanics
- Fatigue Failure
- High temperature Creep
- Thermal Expansion and deflections
- Worked examples
Day Three: Damage and Interpretation of Failure II
- Wear, Galing and Fretting
- Principles and types of Corrosion damage and Mitigation
- Vibration of Equipment and Piping
- Vibration Condition Monitoring
- Technical Problem Solving and Decision-making Approaches
Day Four: Examples of Equipment Failure
- Pressure vessels and life extension
- Heat Exchangers
- Pumps and Compressors
- Mechanical Seals and “O” Rign Failures
- Bearing failure
- Pipes and Repair Techniques
Day Five: Inspection, Testing and Condition Assessment
- NDT Methods and Techniques
- Inspection of Process Equipment
- Examples of Remaining Life Calculations
- Relevant Inspection Codes, API 570, etc.
- Course Summary and Wrap-up
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›