An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Understanding Energy Contracts
A Comprehensive Guide
|14 - 18 Aug 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Energy needs must be met in a world that cannot survive without it. How effectively we meet this need will determine the development of the modern world, particularly following COVID-19. Many challenges are facing us in the field of energy which includes issues such as high and volatile energy prices, growing global energy demand, security risks affecting producing and transit countries, the growing threats of environmental changes, slow progress in energy efficiency, challenges posed by the increasing share of renewables.
Energy Contracts need to be strategic and looked at through the lens of your company’s current risk profile. Companies need to formulate a targeted approach. Your energy contract management should provide customize solutions and also determine the best pricing strategy to meet your efficiency goals. Parties to the contracts want to mitigate dramatic price increases and the contracts need to address this and provide workable solutions. There is a need for customised contracts to avoid undue penalties which can cripple the commercial viability of a project. Energy contracts must allow for flexibility and the contracts must reflect this and have a robust basis for meeting stakeholders’ requirements.
This training course will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of energy contracts essential to manage the volatile energy market. Participants will receive a thorough in-depth exposition of the several energy contracts and understand the rationale behind them and acquire essential skills to negotiate sound well thought out energy contracts.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge Online Oil & Gas training course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the global energy market and the structure of energy contracts
- Assess risks in the energy industry and know how to minimize those risks, including COVID-19 and other global pandemic
- Examine and analyse the difference energy contracts both upstream and downstream
- Assess key issues faced during contract lifecycle and know how to negotiate appropriate contractual clauses
- Avoiding pitfalls in contract negotiations and ambiguous contractual terms
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online Oil & Gas training course is suitable to a wide range of energy industry professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Professionals
- Commercial Managers & Professionals
- Project Managers
- Procurement Supply Chain Professionals
- Risk Manager / Contract Risk Professionals
- Financial Professionals in the Energy Industry
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Topics to be discussed:
- Specific Energy Contracts Examined
- Specific Upstream Energy Agreements
- Risk-Based Contracting – EPC, EPCM
- Alliance Contracts
- Structure of Transportation
- Power Purchase Agreements
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates