An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Completion Design & Slick Line/Coiled Tubing Well Interventions Techniques
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
A well intervention is any operation carried out on oil or gas well during its productive life that alters the state of the well, provides well diagnostics, or manages the production of the well.
Primarily in this PetroKnowledge online training course, we are concerned with problems associated with the completion string. Problems associated with the reservoir can be investigated and evaluated using production logging and well test techniques. In general, problems associated with the completion string can be classified into problems which arise in the tubing bore and which can be corrected through tubing operations and problems which necessitate the retrieval of the completion string from the well.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will contain in-depth information on the impact of workovers and completion design in maximizing field production and increasing recoverable reserves. It also emphasizes the importance of well interventions methods (slickline, Electrical line and Coiled tubing) during lifetime of the well to keep well productivity under optimum conditions.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Introduction to the variable nature of well interventions
- Best practices of completion string design and installation
- Identify Wireline best practice and applications
- Identify Coiled Tubing applications
- Appraise well control barrier philosophy and testing during well interventions
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, delegates will learn:
- Introduction to the variable nature of well interventions.
- Describe the inherent risks and need for careful diagnostics, planning and supervision.
- Describe the economic implications of a workover in terms of the need to protect the well production or injection capacity.
- List and describe the equipment and operational concepts involved in coiled tubing and hydraulic workover units.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend functional capability of completion strings for a variety of situations
- know the well control barrier principles
- Identify three barriers methodology during well intervention
- Know well control barrier classification for different type of well intervention method.
- Describe the mechanisms of a slick wireline operation.
- List and describe the commonly used downhole wireline equipment and tools.
- List and describe the surface wireline equipment requirements; lubricator; BOP; stuffing box.
- Describe well pressure control and safety issues associated with wireline.
- State the limitations on successful wireline operation imposed by depth, hole angle and dog leg severity
- learn procedures and equipment used in wireline, coiled tubing, and workover
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Petroleum Engineers
- Production Technologists
- Production supervisors and engineers
- Completion supervisors and engineers
- Drilling supervisors and engineers
- Workover and well service supervisors
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
The organisation will gain, in sending their employees to attend this PetroKnowledge online training course, the following:
- Reduction in the cost of the well by proper selection of production string
- Extending the well life and control it, achieve the optimum production using well interventions instead of normal rig operations
- Ensuring the well integrity and avoiding all risks during rigless operations
- Obtain integrating knowledge of well completion design
- Learn the knowledge and skills necessary to control effectively and safely a well during well intervention operations
- Identify opportunities of well interventions method to restore well production
- Know the best practices during rigless operations
Day One: Basic Well Completion Design, Practices and Strategies
- Well Completion Design Considerations
- Reservoir Considerations
- Mechanical Considerations
- Classification of Completions
- Lower and upper completion string components and selection consideration
Day Two: Barriers and Containment Devices
- Barrier terminology
- Barriers and containment devices
- Barrier envelope
- Barrier integrity testing
- Flow control devices (mechanical barriers)
- Well kill principles and procedures
Day Three: Wire Line Types, Tools and Applications
- Introduction to wireline
- Types of wireline
- Basic tool strings
- Introduction to wireline fishing
- Stuffing box
- Wireline valve (bop)
- Standard braided line rig up
- Wireline applications and operational considerations
Day Four: Coiled Tubing Equipments and Applications
- Coiled Tubing surface and subsurface components
- Coiled Tubing applications
- Cleaning operations with CT
- Well back flow (nitrogen lift)
Day Five: Well Control Equipments and Procedures
- Pressure control equipment for wireline and Coiled Tubing
- Barrier elements for wireline and Coiled Tubing
- Pressure testing of all barrier elements
- Emergency of wire line operations (wire cut on surface or downhole, tools stuck, etc)
- Emergency of Coiled Tubing (Pin hole in CT surface or downhole, CT stuck, CT crack and etc.)
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates