An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Work-Over and Completion Operations
Planning, Execution and Troubleshooting
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Work-over is performed after the initial completion to re-establish commercial production or injection, repair of a mechanical problem in the well, or plug and abandon the well. Work-over operations are usually initiated as hydrocarbon production rates decline substantially. Undesired fluid production could be the result of a poor primary cement job or water/gas coning. These workovers typically involve a remedial cement job to control the unwanted water/gas production.
Well completion is performed at the completion of drilling operations to establish initial production from or injection into a well. Procedures of completion will vary depending on the completion type and the area. For example, flowing wells can simply be perforated and put on production. Low reservoir pressure areas often require an artificial lift mechanism (rod or submersible pump, gas lift valves, etc.) to produce at economic rates.
This PetroKnowledge online training course on Work-Over and Completion Operations will highlight:
- Types of Completions
- Reasons for Workovers and well preparation
- Overview of Surface and Subsurface Well-bore Equipment and Procedures
- Barriers, Completion and Work-over Fluids
- Kill methods and Risk awareness and Organizing a Well Control Operation
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will learn to:
- Plan, design, manage and execute completion operation
- Improve the overall operational performance during work-over operations
- Select or recommend completion equipment for given field conditions and applications
- Select the most used downhole tools and explain their function
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
The PetroKnowledge online training course is designed for those involved in the work over operations and completion design:
- Production Technologists
- Production Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Field Technicians
- Work-over Engineer
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
By attending this Work-Over and Completion Operations online training course, the organization will gain (direct and indirect) the following:
- Lower cost of production –eliminates risks because trained personnel can make better
- Lower turnover –brings a sense of security at the workplace which in turn reduces labor turnover
- Change management –involvement of employees in the change process
By attending this Work-Over and Completion Operations online training course, the personnel will gain the following:
- Supervise wok over operations
- Improve risk awareness for work-over and completion operations
- Troubleshooting the well problems
- Minimize downtime for well operations
- Prepare full work-over program
Day One: Types of Completions
- Wellhead configuration
- Functional Requirements of a Completion
- Completion Equipment
- Circulation Devices
- Expansion joints
- Christmas Trees and its Types
- Surface Equipment
Day Two: Upper Completion Accessories, Reasons for Workovers and Well Preparation
- Subsurface safety valves function
- Safety valves types
- Setting depth of subsurface safety valves consideration
- Surface control subsurface safety valves.
- Flow control devices
- Nipple profiles types and plug selection
- Workover reasons
- Workover operations (Gas lift wells, Natural gas well, ESP well)
Day Three: Overview of Surface and Subsurface Well-bore Equipment & Procedures and Well Interventions Theory
- Work string and Production Tubing
- Auxiliary Well Control Equipment
- Plugs & Packers
- Preparing for Well Entry
- Running the completion
- Perforation methods and perforating equipment
- Perforation selection and conveying methods
- Tubing leak identification and repair.
- Coiled Tubing surface and subsurface components
- Coiled Tubing applications
Day Four: Barriers, Completion and Work-over Fluids
- Philosophy and Operation of Barrier Systems
- Levels of Barriers
- Types of Barriers
- Barrier Management
- Influx Detection
- Gas Characteristics and Behavior
- Workover/ Completion Fluid Functions
- Liquids and Fluid Properties
- Testing of Downhole Completion Equipment
- Testing of Well Control Equipment Connections
Day Five: Kill Methods, Risk Awareness & Organizing a Well Control Operation, Natural Flowing & Artificial Well Work Over Programs
- Well Shut-in and Well Kill Considerations
- Well Control Problems
- Objective of Well Control Techniques
- Bull heading
- Volumetric Method
- Lube and Bleed
- Forward Circulation
- Reverse Circulation
- Handling Kill Problems
- Potential Impacts of a Well Control Event
- Well Integrity
- Pressure Control Equipment/Barrier Envelope Considerations
- Personnel Assignment
- Plan Responses to Anticipated Well Control Scenarios
- Natural flowing and artificial well work over programs
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›