Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Projects are recognised as being more and more crucial for today’s organisations. As well as the huge investment required for projects, a crucial component is the people involved. There are key difficulties in managing groups of people at any time, but getting relative strangers, working in their own area of strength, yet working together for the team to be as productive as possible, that’s a unique challenge!
"Collaboration is the best way to work. It's only way to work, really. Everyone's there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board." ~ Antony Starr
Projects develop processes – and what is often forgotten is that process-focused skills tend to be about people. We will work on these skills looking at useful process models and think about building rapport within the group and making it work cohesively and effectively. Those who take on process-focused group roles tend to have very good interpersonal skills, and communication, developing rapport and facilitation. All extremely useful in any team.
Team working is not just common, in recent surveys in technical or engineering project environments, it has been agreed that effective teamwork is the basis for success most modern technical projects. This Working Effectively in Project Teams will introduce you to best-practice methods to ensure good team working practices are possible. Any Project Manager knows that they are also a People Manager and we will examine and work through lots of practical activities that you can use to get the best out of your teams.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight:
- Understanding project roles & responsibilities
- Developing an awareness of “team player preferences” and how to utilise team attitude models
- Understanding how more challenging problems can be tackled faster by drawing on the team’s collective skills, experience and knowledge.
- Recognising the value that teamwork can encourage communication, trust, support and a positive working environment
- Developing and improving key techniques for capturing lessons learned.