Why Choose this Course?
This course will provide detailed explanation of important principles of fluid flow in pumps and in piping systems that are prerequisite for their successful selection, installation and operation. Vital elements of pump construction such as seals and bearings will be discussed, and their impact on the reliability and availability will be explained. Various methods of pump performance adjustments, such as throttling, by-pass, speed control, impeller trimming, and others will be described.
The course will introduce methods of cost analysis, including initial costs of pump and pumping system, commissioning and start up costs, operating and maintenance costs, and decommissioning and disposal costs.
The course will provide answers to questions related to pump fitness for service (FFS) analysis, root cause analysis (RCA) and failure mode analysis.
Various examples and case studies from real-life technical practice, will help remove any misconception related to efficiently operating pumping system.
Highlights of the course include:
- Principles of selection of right pump for the given application and expected reliability
- A good blend of comprehensive explanations of fundamental principles of pump operation and valuable empirical industrial experience in maintenance and troubleshooting
- Guidelines for installation, commissioning and start up procedure
- Best practices for inspection and diagnosing problems related to reliability and availability and fitness for service (FFS) analysis together with RCA
- Economic issues: overall life-cycle cost and optimization of operation and maintenance costs