Why Choose this Training Course?
A complete understanding of design, functioning and maintenance of centrifugal compressors and steam turbines is a prerequisite for successful operation of process plants. This is especially important nowadays when the demand for minimum and continuous production is vital for competitiveness of organizations
This PetroKnowledge training course will feature the importance of proper design, operation and maintenance of centrifugal compressors and steam turbines of various designs and applications, which are encountered throughout chemical and process industries, including oil refineries, gas production facilities, power generation and other fields of engineering. This training course is intended to familiarize engineers, technicians and operators with the guidelines and best practices employed in utilizing this equipment, including design, operation, maintenance, and repair. The emphasis in the training seminar will be on physical understanding of the problems in operation and the best way of troubleshooting them.
This training course will feature:
- Principles of selection of right centrifugal compressor and steam turbine for the given application
- Practical issues related to trouble-free functioning of centrifugal compressors and steam turbines
- Explanation of aerodynamic instabilities of centrifugal compressors and thermal instabilities of steam turbines
- Guidelines for design, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and repair economic issues: cost and benefit analysis