An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
General Mechanical Codes, Standards & Specifications
|11 - 15 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge General Mechanical Codes, Standards & Specifications online training course is designed to give a detailed insight to the participants for understanding of Codes and Standards with emphasis on the right approach and methodology for using the codes. It helps the participants to understand the code objectives, code intents, stated and implied requirements (i.e., letter and spirit of the code). It also helps the participants to know the mandatory, recommended, and optional stipulations of the code.
The online training course also covers an overview of various codes and standards used in process industries for design, inspection, construction, and in-service inspection. This online training course will be delivered in such a way that most of the code concepts will be clarified by both the code statements and the relevant examples. This online training course will also discuss the difference between codes and standards, selection of the appropriate codes and standards for an intended application and where one can deviate from codes, etc. The online training course is further designed such that participants with previous background of using the codes will understand the most effective and scientific use of codes for their purpose while the freshers will understand the correct approach and right use of the codes.
The PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- The main concepts and technical terms of engineering code
- The concepts of standardisation and codification
- The basic difference between code and standard
- The basic technical and scientific knowledge of codes and standards
- An overview of commonly adapted codes and standards in the process industries with specific emphasis on oil & gas, and petrochemical industries
- The process in selecting appropriate code for design, material selection, inspection, and construction
What are the Goals?
By the end of this General Mechanical Codes, Standards & Specifications online training course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the meaning of different technical terms and concepts used in engineering codes and standards
- Choose the right engineering code for an intended application and carry out certain types of engineering calculations
- Understand limitations imposed by various codes on material for construction for pressure components
- Understand key concepts of mechanical design, construction, Inspection and testing of pressure components
- Select the appropriate standard components
Who is this Training Course for?
This General Mechanical Codes, Standards & Specifications online training course is suitable to a wide range of profession but will greatly benefit:
- Design engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Plant Managers with or without experience in application of Codes & standards
- Inspection Professionals
- Maintenance Engineers & technicians
- All professionals involved in Inspection and troubleshooting of operating plants
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
This online training course will help to improve the organization Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and process systems. The organisation will find it easy to be engineering and quality certified and approved for many other companies and organisation.
Increase the personal ability to understand the local and international General Mechanical Codes, Standards & Specifications. They will also be able to increase and update their knowledge reference to the best and current standards and improve their job processes, understand planning and schedule.
Day One: Concept of Codes and Standards
- What is code?
- What is standard?
- What is a good engineering practice?
- Why adapt codes?
- Introduction to various normally used engineering codes
Objectives of Codes and Standards
- What is code philosophy?
- Assumptions in codes and standards
- Information provided by codes and standard
- Information not provided by codes and standards
- Role of engineering judgment
- Code requirements, recommendations, and options / alternatives
- Code grammar: What does SHALL, SHOULD & MAY means?
- Codes singulars and plurals
- Code contents, stated & implied stipulations in the codes
Day Two: Various Design and Construction Codes Internationally Adapted
- Codes for pressure vessels
- Codes for piping installations
- Codes for tanks
- Other engineering codes / miscellaneous codes
Day Three: Various In-service Inspection Codes
- Codes for inspection of pressure vessels
- Codes for inspection of piping installations
- Codes for inspection of tanks
- Difference between the construction codes and in-service inspection codes
Understanding of Various Codes
- Brief overview of codes for pressure vessels
- Brief overview of codes for piping installations
- Brief overview of codes for tanks
- Brief overview of codes for inspection, welding qualification and materials
Day Four: Understanding of Various In-service Inspection Codes
- Brief overview of codes for inspection of pressure vessels (API 510)
- Brief overview of codes for inspection of piping installations (API 570)
- Brief overview of codes for inspection of tanks (API 653)
What is Standardisation?
- Why adapt standards?
- Concept of standardisation
- Principles behind usability of standards
- Introduction to various normally used Standards
Day Five: Introduction to Various Standards
- Introduction to ASME B 16.5
- Introduction to ASME B 16.34
- Introduction to ASME B 36.10, 36.19
- Introduction to API 600 & 610
- ASTM material standards
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with The Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›