An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Heavy Duty Diesel Engine ( HDD )
Operation and Maintenance
Industrial Diesel Engine Operation & Maintenance
|16 - 20 Oct 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
This interactive, applications-driven 5-day PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight the added value that Heavy Duty Diesel Engines can offer to support engineers and technicians working in power plants, petroleum industries, and fleet management and maintenance. It will show how to safely use such engines economically, safely and environment friendly.
The online training course will emphasize the application of related recommended operation and maintenance practices advised by the most reputable manufacturers and by the relevant standards, focus on proper HD Diesel engine selection for specific jobs, retrieval and interpretation of data from HD Diesel engines manuals.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Discussions on the benefits and applications of heavy duty Diesel HDD engines
- The importance of correct operation and maintenance of HDD for better reliability
- The detailed description of HDD systems and characteristic performance
- Focusing on electronic control of HDD for economy and environment friendly operation
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Outline the principle of operation of diesel engines
- Specify the difference between Heavy Duty Diesel Engines and normal Diesel engines
- Describe how combustion occurs in diesel engines
- Explain the reason of air charging in diesel engines
- List and explain the principle of operation of air charging systems in diesel engines
- List and explain the operation principle of various types of fuel injection systems used in HDD
- Describe the layout and components of various fuel injection systems used in HDD
- Explain how quantity and timing of injected fuel can be controlled
- State the benefits of Diesel Electronic Control (DEC)
- List and explain the principle of operation of various HDD emission control systems
- Outline the procedure and requirements for servicing HDD
- Outline the HDD basic routine maintenance operations
- List and explain how to fix the common HDD troubles
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Vehicles fleet maintenance engineers and technicians
- Fleet maintenance supervisors
- Automotive maintenance engineers
- Automotive maintenance technicians
- Diesel power generation plants engineers and technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
When a company sends their employees to attend this particular PetroKnowonline training course, it expects following benefits will be gained:
- Optimization of delegates` usage of tools, equipment, and materials while maintaining the organization HDD engines
- Improved operational HDD engines` integrity and performance
- Minimizing equipment failures as a result of delegates` enhanced ability to risk analyses on HDD engines
- Enable better specification of new and replacement of old elements of piping system.
- Adding a set of delegates` skills that reflect positively on organization activities and reputation.
- Enhancing delegates` abilities to act properly in HDD engines related hazardous situations.
- Better safety record
When a company employee attends this particular PetroKnowledge online training course on Heavy Duty Diesel Engine (HDD) Operation and Maintenance, the participant expects to add to his underpinning knowledge and practical experience the following:
- Better grasp of HDD engines` maintenance and instrumentation on incident prevention
- Better ability to troubleshoot HDD engines
- Improved confidence when facing HDD engines related hazardous safety issues
- Enhanced confidence and ability to select the appropriate HDD engines thereby improving reliability and personal profile to senior management
- Better awareness of his job-related recent technical developments and a great deal of personal satisfaction will be achieved
- Better daily work performance as a result of deeper understanding of the technologies and operation principles of HDD engines' systems
- Enhancing his self-learning ability
Day One: Introduction to Heavy Duty Diesel (HDD) engines
- Meaning of HDD engine: Rating – Load factor – Operation duration
- HDD engine glossary of terms
- International standards for HDD engine
- HDD engine Internal and external characteristic performance curves
- Design considerations of HDD engine
- HDD engine construction features and materials
- HDD engine Applications
Day Two: Work Cycle and Combustion in HDD Engines
- Work cycle, internal and external characteristic curves of HDD engines
- Diesel fuel (Classification – Fuel properties – Fuel tests)
- Combustion process in Diesel engines
- Compression ratio
- Combustion chambers shapes
- Direct & indirect injection methods
- Homogenous Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI)
- Air charging in heavy duty diesel engines:
- Types (Mechanical – Turbo – Pressure wave)
- Turbocharger configuration (Combined – Two stage - Variable geometry – Sequential)
- Turbocharger control (Pressure – Fuel compensation)
- Turbocharger performance characteristics
Day Three: Fuel Injection Systems in HDD Engines
- Types and principle of operation of fuel injection systems:
- Cummins systems: (PT – CELECT unit injector – Accumulator – HPI – XPI)
- Caterpillar systems: (HUEI/A – HUEI/B – Navistar – MEUI/A – MEUI/B)
- In-line or multi-plungers systems.
- Common rail systems
- HDD engines fuel injection systems layout and components.
- Methods of control of injected fuel quantity and timing: (Hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic)
- Diesel fuel filtration and water separation.
Day Four: Electronic Diesel Control (EDC)
- Advantages of EDC
- EDC basic layout and components (ECU – Sensors – Actuators – Layout for various types of fuel injection systems)
- Open& Closed loops and data processing
- Controlled quantities: Start – Drive mode – Idle speed – Maximum speed – Intermediate speeds – Cruise speed - ….)
- Injected fuel quantity limits
- Emission control systems;
- Diesel Oxidation catalyst (DOC)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Selective catalyst Reduction (SCR)
- Urea Injection (UI)
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV)
Day Five: Operation and Maintenance of HDD Engine
- Operation Tips for HDD engine
- Indicator lamps
- On-Board diagnostics
- Fuel type
- Items to be noticed
- Tips for efficient operation
- Maintenance of diesel engines
- Basics of mechanical maintenance
- Servicing of diesel fuel injection systems
- Diesel engine tune up
- Diesel engine routine maintenance operations (time-based, distance- based)
- Diesel engines trouble shooting
- Forms of diesel engine components failure
- Engines trouble shooting and fault rectification
- Testing of injection pumps, injectors, fuel feed pumps
- Tests for assessment of engine condition (compression, leakage tests)
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›