An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
in the Oil and Gas Industry
|21 - 25 Aug 2023||Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia||$5,950|
|09 - 13 Oct 2023||Lisbon - Portugal||$5,950|
|20 - 24 Nov 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|04 - 08 Dec 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
This course is specifically aimed at Industrial hazards and controls. If you are in control of staff then you are responsible for Safety. Since you are responsible then it is essential to grasp, control and appreciate the issues of safety. It is important to realise what can go wrong and the measures that are in place to have safety not just as slogan but an active ingredient of day to day operations. Essentially to be able not only to see but to understand what the requirements are for Industrial Safety and by such observations actively assist in the controlling of hazards within your organisation.
This course will feature:
- Process Safety Management
- Inherent Safety & Risk Evaluation
- Maintenance and Inspections
- Tank Farm safety
- Incident & Emergency Response
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review Process Safety Management
- Appraise safe maintenance
- Apply safe work methods for furnaces and boilers
- Evaluate fire safety and fire protection
- Judge how to react in case of emergencies
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
The course will be valuable to all involved in production, maintenance and control of industrial plants including storage depots and will be of great benefit to:
- Professionals in the Oil & Gas Industry who have responsibilities for health & safety
- Shift managers
- Production engineers
- Process engineers
- Personnel involved in maintenance
- Anyone that requires process/industrial safety as part of their core competencies
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
The course is presented face to face and will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentations of videos, case studies and discussions that will enhance the learning process.
Day One: Process Safety Management (PSM)
- OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001, & PSM
- Background for PSM
- Piper Alpha
- BP Texas City Refinery
- Process safety information
- Hazards of chemicals
- Hazards of associated products
- Management of Contractors
Day Two: Risk Evaluation and Inherent Safer Design
- Risk Assessments
- Inherent Safer Design
- Bayer CropScience Pesticide Waste Tank Explosion
- Societal Risk
- Consequence modelling
- Land use planning
Day Three: Process Safety
- Management of Change
- Permit-to-work system
- Shift work
- Maintenance strategies
- Confined Spaces
- Tank bottom plates repair
Day Four: Process Control
- Safe Operating Envelop
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Emergency Shutdown
- Furnace start up and shutdown
- Furnace control
- Firing conditions
- Boiler Controls
- Storage Depots – Types of Tanks & Tank Bunds, Gas storage
- Buncefield oil storage depot fire
Day Five: Incident and Emergency Response
- Explosion and explosion risk
- Emergency Response – who is in control?
- On site emergency plans
- Off-site emergency plans
- Emergency Control Centre
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates