Why Choose this Training Course?
A complete understanding of construction details and functioning of pumps, compressors and turbines is a prerequisite for successful operation of plant and piping system. This is especially important nowadays when various models of this equipment still create in everyday operation various problems: mechanical, hydraulic, etc.
This training course will feature the importance of proper operation and maintenance of rotating machinery such as pumps, compressors and turbines of various designs and applications, which are encountered throughout chemical and process industries, including oil refineries, gas production facilities, power generation and other fields of engineering. The course is intended to familiarize engineers, technicians and operators with the guidelines and best practices employed in utilizing this equipment, including installation, operation, maintenance and repair. The emphasis in this PetroKnowledge course will be on physical understanding of the problems in operation and the best way of troubleshooting them.
The training course will feature:
- Principles of selection of right pump, compressor and turbine for the given application
- Practical issues related to trouble-free functioning of pumps, compressors and turbines
- Explanation of complex flow situations in pumps, compressors and turbines.
- Guidelines for installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and repair economic issues: cost and benefit analysis