Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Pumps, Compressors & Turbines online training course will feature the importance of proper operation and maintenance of rotating machinery such as pumps, compressors, and turbines of various designs and applications, which are encountered throughout chemical and process industries, including oil refineries, gas production facilities, power generation and other fields of engineering. It helps familiarize the engineers, technicians, and operators with the guidelines and best practices employed in using this equipment, including installation, operation, maintenance, and repair. The emphasis will be on the physical understanding of the problems in operation and the best way of troubleshooting them.
This online training course will cover the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of these machines by highlighting characteristics features, efficiencies, reliability, and maintenance implications and introduce to the participants the different types of pumps, compressors, and turbines and their associated terminology. Centrifugal and positive-displacement pumps, compressors, and gas turbines packing, mechanical seals and sealing systems, bearings, and couplings will all be discussed.
This online training course will highlight:
- Principles of selection of right pump, compressor, and turbine for the given application
- Practical issues related to trouble-free functioning of pumps, compressors, and turbines
- Explanation of complex flow situations in pumps, compressors, and turbines
- Guidelines for installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and repair economic issues: cost and benefit analysis