Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Radiation Safety highly-interactive training course will provide you with all the necessary information and abilities to successfully understand both ionising and non-ionising types of radiation materials and, how to effectively manage these radiation materials safely and with confidence to ensure personnel health and safety and/or to prevent potential environmental impacts.
Most business sector (industry, commercial and service) organisations use, store and dispose of radioactive materials within their normal day-to-day business activities, these business sectors include:
- Oil and gas industry (offshore and onshore facilities)
- Medical facilities (hospitals and clinics)
- Service industries (laboratories, etc.)
- Manufacturing companies
- Plus, many other business sectors
Personnel need to be fully informed, trained and monitored to ensure they are not exposed to radiation materials during their work activities and/or when using, storing or disposing of radioactive sources.
This PetroKnowledge Radiation Safety training course will develop your ability to critically assess exposure risks associated with the use, storage and disposal of radiation materials, at all stages of administrative, operational and laboratory activities.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The various types and harmful properties of ionising and non-ionising radiation
- The importance and how to effectively carry out radiation exposure assessments
- Understanding key radiation safety management and protection principles
- The biological effects of radiation exposure to the human body
The entire training course topics covered on this training is applicable for compliance with the regulation bodies’ requirements.