An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Facilitator Training
Maximizing the Effectiveness of your RCA Sessions
|22 - 26 May 2023||Online||$3,950|
|18 - 22 Sep 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Root Cause Analysis Facilitator Online Training course will enable you to organize and represent the RCA process in all departments of your company. This intensive training course will allow you to explain every aspect of the RCA method, the different roles short and well, and guide the process of gathering and verifying information in the RCA and pursue agreement.
Problem Solving is tending to be every day more complex due to more integrated systems and fragmented knowledge and experience in divisions and partners in the supply chain. Let alone the fact that we do more work with less people and we are more depended on sharing information.
The RCA Facilitator is trained in RCA to facilitate multidisciplinary teams of experts in their task to solve problems. The facilitator is not an expert – the facilitator is leading the process, knows how to apply the RCA methods and avoids sideways in which, for example, to discuss what the right approach is. The RCA facilitator asks questions in a structural way (questionnaires) and guards the input of information in a way that everyone is involved and agrees with the factual and causal right information. Though the facilitator is not an expert, he or she understands the type of information and where to put it in the structure, e.g. Event Map, Problem Analysis or Human Factor Analysis.
Critical to success is a facilitator who is aware of the group dynamics during the RCA sessions. The facilitator must be able to switch roles between attention to people, process and technical complex content.
This online training course will highlight:
- The RCA principles, methods, concepts, templates and process – Event Mapping, Problem Analysis and the Human Factor Analysis.
- Classic issues and pitfalls in problem solving and decision making
- The use of visualized information like A3 reports
- The basics of Decision making, Implementation (iRA) and Observation, to complete the circle of continuous improvement.
- Communication skills and insight in thinking and behavioral preferences.
- Facilitator skills as systematic questioning, listening, recapitulating, dealing with frustrations, managing the process, flexible workflow, feedback and correcting people.
- Effective application and implementation of these methods in daily practice
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
The RCA Facilitator online training focuses on a high level of understanding the RCA method. The method must be applied a way according to the context and the need of the organization, meaning easy on the flow when there is little urgency and scaling up in case complexity is increasing.
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Know and understand the RCA and related methods in use in the company
- Organize a RCA session in relation with the stakeholders
- Start a RCA and to escalate the process if needed
- Use the templates, tools and software
- Do systematic questioning, gathering data and judge information
- Present the results of a RCA
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a special selection of professionals but will greatly benefit you, if:
- You work in in the field of Maintenance, Operations or SHE/quality as a facilitator or team leader
- You love to work with people in teams and get the best out of them
- You feel the need to improve yourself in motivating teams and analyzing detailed information
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By attending this PetroKnowledge online training course, your organization will get sustainable results:
- Complex problems will be solved more rapidly and more effectively, preventing recurrence and providing tangible contribution to business performance
- The problem owner and the diversity of experts will have a professional partner in solving problems
- A skilled facilitator will prepare, organize, lead and evaluate with only one focus: to solve the problem
- A skilled facilitator will understand the needs of all participants and reach for widespread support
- The organization will recognize the independent position of a professional facilitator and will support the chosen method and process
- The organization will experience less confusion when faced with complex problems
By attending this PetroKnowledge online training course, the participants will:
- Understand the increasing importance of problem solving and decision making skills
- Understand the huge importance of solving problems in cooperation with the problem owner, all involved experts and his or her role as a facilitator
- Learn about their own pitfalls while solving problems, working in multidisciplinary teams and how important it is to stay away from content involvement
- Be skilled to prepare, organize, lead the process and evaluate RCA sessions
- Be skilled to manage a multidisciplinary teams and respect everyone in his or her strength
- Be skilled to reach for consensus, manage disagreement and use a proven shared language
- Significantly improve their personal effectiveness and boost their future career opportunities
Day One: Introduction RCA Problem Solving and Event Mapping
- Introduction: goals and highlights of the RCA
- Introduction of the facilitator role
- Start case problem solving
- How to start RCA Event Map
- Theory: RCA process and template – all aspects
- Theory: Ordering information in RCA (analytical grammar)
- Theory and exercises in asking questions
- Exercises in Event Mapping ‘EM light’ (the 5-Why way)
Day Two: RCA Problem Analysis
- Theory: Problem Analysis
- Theory: Presentation skills (part 2)
- Presentations and teaches for participants (how to explain)
- Exercises and cases
- Preparation of reports A3
Day Three: RCA Human Factor Analysis and Thinking Preferences
- Theory: Human Factor Analysis (HFA)
- Skills in the use of the HFA tool
- Theory: Behavior and thinking preferences (Hermann and De Bono)
- Theory: Coaching principles
- Skills in coaching communication
Day Four: RCA Exercises and Communication Skills
- Theory on the communication process
- Theory: RCA connection to communication
- Theory: RCA ‘light to apply on the fly’.
- Skill: RCA under pressure or in information transfers
Day Five: Risk Analysis, Decision Making and Implementation Issues
- Theory: Risk Analysis and basis FMECA
- Exercise in Risk Analysis and implementation of the RCA role
- Exercise: Understanding distinctive perspectives on the results (exercise De Bono)
- Theory on Implementation and Observation of the use of RCA
- Integration exercise
- Celebrate success
- Evaluation and closure of training
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›