The Supply Chain is the active management of supply chain activities to maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Supply chain activities cover everything from product development, sourcing, production, and logistics, as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities. Organisations involved in running supply chains have to develop and run supply chains in the most effective and efficient ways possible.
The organizations that make up the supply chain are “linked” together through physical flows and information flows. There are the physical flows that involve the transformation, movement, and storage of goods and materials. They are the most visible piece of the supply chain; however, just as important are information flows. These allow the various supply chain partners to coordinate their long-term plans, and to control the day-to-day flow of goods and materials up and down the supply chain.
This Supply Chain Operations in the Oil & Gas Industry training course will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimize the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- How to work with suppliers and providers both internally and externally
- Appreciate the complexities of supply chain activities in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Maximise the advantage that effective use of inventory can deliver financial results
- Evaluate supply chain risk by using risk tools and techniques
- Implement supply chain organisational improvements