An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
The Complete Tribology Course :
Friction, Wear and Lubrication
Maintaining Equipment Service Life and Mitigating Their Operation Costs
|12 - 16 Jun 2023||Online||$3,950|
|13 - 17 Nov 2023||Online||$3,950|
|22 - 26 Jan 2024||Online||$3,950|
|10 - 14 Jun 2024||Online||$3,950|
|11 - 15 Nov 2024||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge complete online training course on “Tribology: Friction, Wear and Lubrication” provides fundamental and advanced knowledge into this important topic. Tribology is the technology of friction, wear and lubrication and it has very important role on all equipment used in industry. Mitigating thermal stresses, washing out equipment wear debris and dirt, protection against friction, wear and corrosion are amongst main functions of lubrication. However, to ensure meeting those functions, most suitable lubricants must be chosen and correct procedures for testing and assessing their characteristics shall be adopted.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Appreciation of materials behavior and fundamental properties
- Comprehensive and cost-effective understanding of maintenance engineering
- Theoretical knowledge of friction, wear and lubrication in an industrial context
- Oil lubricants properties and performance evaluation
- Practical skills in choosing and implementing most suitable lubrication systems
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand equipment failures and maintenance strategies
- Evaluate current status of their process plant equipment
- Choose the right lubricants for their equipment
- Implement cost effective condition monitoring program
- Outline and adopt best practices for mitigating equipment failures
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This online training course is important for professionals, engineers and technicians who work on wide variety of industries.
This PetroKnowledge online raining course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Process plant operation professionals
- Production professionals
- Chemical and process engineers
- Maintenance and services engineers
- Technicians who deal with maintenance activities
- Process plant supervisors and managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Oil & Gas professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Introduction and Background
- Introduction to the Course
- Process Plant Equipment Classification
- Why Equipment do Fail?
- Effects of Design, Operation and Maintenance on Business
- Bathtub Interval and Remaining Life Calculations
- The Role of Lubrication, Types and Factor of Safety
- Practical Examples
Day Two: The Tribological System
- Tribology Importance, Surfaces and Wetting of Solid Surfaces
- Kinetic and Static Friction
- Coefficient of Friction
- Sliding and Rolling Friction
- Friction Regimes: Friction and Lubrication Conditions
- Solid Friction (Dry Friction) and Fluid Film Friction
- Practical exercises and case studies
Day Three: Wear and Tribological Materials
- Materials Fundamental Properties
- Wear Mechanisms
- Types of Wear
- Adhesion Mechanisms
- Abrasion and Surface Fatigue
- Factors Affects Wear Severity
- Practical Case Studies
Day Four: Lubricants and Tribological Materials
- Lubrication Theory and Fundamentals
- Lubricants Selection Criteria
- Lubricant Storage and Management
- Stress and Strain in Materials
- Practical Exercises and Case Studies
Day Five: Practical Applications and Recommendations
- Gear Lubricants for Industrial Gears
- Lubricants for Rolling and Bearings
- Machine Tool Lubrication
- Steam and Gas Turbine Oils
- Lubrication of Compressors and Pumps
- Engine Oil Test
- Course Review and Closure
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates