|ME162||16 - 20 Dec 2018||Dubai - UAE||4,750|
|ME162||21 - 25 Apr 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
HVAC (Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning) is a science and professionalism known by a good population in this world but knowing and justifying the reason for the proper decisions and selections are great additions to any organization, company, facility, building, production, operation, maintenance and other departments. This PetroKnowledge training course is planned to define the proper route for HVAC design, operation, and maintenance.
“Comfort conditions” are the golden words used by HVAC professionalism; these golden words need to be more specified, more customized, and accurately applied to reach customer satisfaction. This PetroKnowledge training course introduces the standards which lead the definitions of the main parameters, requirements, limitations. By knowing where we are in this world; and what the atmospheric conditions are; and what the project conditions are, we can reach the expected end results and deliverables.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- HVAC Design concepts
- Chilled Water System Piping
- Heat Transfer and Selecting the proper Air Cooling System
- HVAC Operation modes
- HVAC Maintenance requirements
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the HVAC design as materials and equipment
- Analyze the alternatives and select the best one
- Determine the proper AC Units
- Understand the operation modes
- Develop the maintenance tasks from the available manuals
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HVAC Engineers
- HVAC Consultants
- HVAC Contractors
- End Users Engineers
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes presentation, pre-assessment and post-assessment tests, brainstorming, and participants case studies analysis.
Organisational Impact click here
Improving the operation and maintenance staff performance which will lead to a budget reduction by:
- Reducing the amount of improper operation
- Reducing the improper maintenance
- Increasing the end user’s satisfaction
- Reducing the Mean Time to Perform Maintenance
- Increasing the Mean Time Between Maintenance
- Reduce Initial and Running costs and Increase the HVAC systems
Personal Impact click here
Using the “Plan – Do – Check – Act” as a routine sequence in any HVAC activity will help you to:
- Define the proper design which will reduce the initial and running costs
- Perform a proper interpretation for the HVAC equations, to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Select the proper materials & HVAC equipment to reduce the operation and maintenance efforts
- Define the needed control system to reduce the operation costs and staff
- Define the needed maintenance tasks to reduce costs and time, and increase efficiency
- Define the improvement needed in your systems
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: HVAC Systems Design
- Sources of heat load
- Using the equation of each heat load for analysis and possible reduction in the heat load.
- Air treatment and human comfort
- Evaluating and studying the outside and inside design conditions to meet the human comfort
- Daily and monthly heat load profiles, how they affect the heat load
- Selecting the type of AC system
Day Two: Piping System for Chilled Water Applications
- Velocity/friction loss VS initial and running cost. How to decide which way to go.
- Closed or open type systems. (Advantages and dis-advantages of each type).
- Pressure breakers and the need for high rise buildings
- Expansion and contracting of the piping circuits and the selection of expansion joints, pressurized expansion & make up tanks
- Refrigerants and their effect on AC systems selection and the environment.
Day Three: Heat Transfer and Selecting the Right AC System
- How cooling towers work for centralized water-cooled systems.
- Thermal storage
- Types of thermal storage systems.
- Air cooled systems Load shifting (partial and full), daily and weekly, case study with calculations and comparison of C.O.P
- Ventilation, infiltration, ex-filtration. How to minimize their heat loads
- Factors used to select the right AC system
Day Four: HVAC Operation
- System components
- System start-up preparation
- System running conditions
- Systems sequence of operation
- System monitoring
- System partially stopping
- System shutdown
Day Five: HVAC Maintenance
- Scheduled preventive maintenance routines.
- Daily log sheets and the monitored items and logged records.
- Utilizing records history for improvement of systems reliability
- Hand over package and its importance for proper maintenance.
- Training of hands on staff for better understanding of the systems to reduce down time and operational cost
- Operation and maintenance case studies
Related Courses click here
- Heat Exchangers: Types & Application, Design, Operation & Maintenance
- Valves & Actuators Technology
- Reverse Engineering in Manufacturing Mechanical Spare Parts
- Pumps, Compressors & Turbines
- API 571: Damage Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining, Petrochemical & Petroleum Industries (API Exam Preparation Training)
- Operation, Diagnostics and Maintenance of Equipment for Oil & Gas Production
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.