We currently have no scheduled session for this Health, Safety, Security & Environment Training Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Petroknowledge training course specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties. Consistent with the organization's environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. ISO 14001:2015 does not state specific environmental performance criteria.
What are the Goals?
On completion of this training course, participants will be able to learn;
- How to adapt your auditing technique to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO 14001:2015
- How to audit the new requirements concerning organisational context
- The application of a threats and opportunities approach to environmental management
- How to audit top management commitment and leadership
- How to audit processes and their interaction with other processes
- The importance of environmental management for the organisation and its customers
- The purpose of an environmental management system
- The business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act framework with regards to ISO 14001
- The interrelationship between management responsibility, context of the organization, environmental policy, environmental planning, implementation of policy, operational control, checking of performance, management review and continual improvement
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course will greatly benefit the following professionals;
- Individuals involved with developing or implementing an EMS, especially ISO 14001.
- Facility managers who may be subject to an EMS or compliance audit
- Internal or external compliance or EMS auditors
- Quality and internal auditors
- Audit program managers and ISO 14001 program managers
- Health and safety personnel wishing to acquire management system and compliance,audit skills and knowledge.
The training course content includes;
- Objectives, principles and components of Environmental Management Systems
- General requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental Management tools and techniques for planning, operating, and maintaining EMS
- Management review and continual improvement
- Understanding of Environmental Management System
- Understanding ISO 14001 Requirements for assessment / audit process
- Audit Planning / Auditing Techniques
- Practical Auditing
- Audit Reporting / Corrective Action Process
- Transition to ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 50001: Energy Management Systems
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 - General Requirements for the Competence of Testing & Calibration of Laboratories