An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
in the Upstream Oil & Gas Sector
Implementing a Local Content Matrix to Achieve SDGs, ESG and In-Country Value Retention
|24 - 28 Jul 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|25 - 29 Sep 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
|13 - 17 Nov 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Sustainable Development in the Upstream Oil & Gas Sector training course will begin by an exploration of the SDGs and the changing global views on energy following COP26. There is a growing appetite for and understanding of the need for an energy transition away from hydrocarbons to other forms of energy; we will explore opportunities and threats facing the industry in Africa. Furthermore, the training course will examine the UNDP’s Atlas, which maps the Oil & Gas Industry to the SDG’s and seek examples of good practice. Delegates will aim to produce a matrix of ESG, SDG and in-country value through a review of strategies and goals.
In this training course, we will examine the supply/demand issues for countries in Africa and the impact, for example, of lower efficiencies and higher costs of production and the impact this will have on investment and growth opportunities on the continent. Meeting SDGs requires collaboration, integration and partnership. As these are very big, global issues, prioritising stakeholders’ involvement and finding ways to address challenges will be a key part of the programme.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- A review of the broader energy transition aims post COP 26
- Analysis of African oil production based on resiliency of hydrocarbon reserves v. countries’ economic reliance on fossil fuels
- Mapping local content strategies to sustainable development goals
- Producing a matrix linking ESG and SDGs to deliver in-country value
- The importance of external and internal stakeholders’ buy-in
What are the Goals?
At the end of this Sustainable Development in the Upstream Oil & Gas Sector training course, you will:
- Gain a broader understanding of the African oil & gas industry in relation to SDGs
- Develop a deeper understanding of existing commitments to the energy transition and Africa’s position
- Develop and understanding of how many ways the oil & gas industry contributes to SDGs
- Learn different approaches for modifying existing practice to incorporate SDG aims
- Enhance awareness of the key role of stakeholders in enabling change
Who is this Training Course for?
This Sustainable Development in the Upstream Oil & Gas Sector training course is designed for experienced professionals in the oil and gas industry. Individuals who wish to gain a broader understanding of how the oil & gas industry can support delivery of SDGs.
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Local content professionals
- Local content managers
- Social performance professionals
- Employees with potential for career progression
- Functional specialists supporting delivery of business goals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Sustainable Development in the Upstream Oil & Gas Sector training course will deploy a full range of dynamic and interactive training methods. It will comprise a carefully balanced training course of conventional teaching, supported by case study examples. This will enhance learning through practical activities so participants can gain knowledge and ideas to enable them to introduce SDGs into business practice.
In sending delegates to this training course, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding of the current opportunities and challenges for the African oil & gas industry
- How to introduce SDGs into business strategy and goals?
- Learning from case study examples of good practice
- Ideas on overcoming challenges to meeting SDGs
- The importance of collaboration with stakeholders
In attending this training course, delegates will gain the following skills and competencies:
- A detailed knowledge of African oil & gas industry in relation to global energy transition
- A sound understanding of the UNDP’s sustainable development goals
- Awareness of the challenges and opportunities for supporting the energy transition
- Recognition of the importance of communication and buy-in with key stakeholders to make change happen
- Greater confidence in contributing to the debate on energy transition and meeting SDGs
Day One: Oil & Gas Industry in Transition: Africa’s Status
- Overview of global energy markets
- Summary of COP26 outcomes
- Energy outlook: Impact on oil & gas supply/demand
- OPEC world outlook
- The future of African oil & gas
Day Two: Mapping Oil & Gas Industry to SDG’s
- An introduction to the 17 sustainable development goals
- An introduction to the Atlas
- How does the oil & gas industry impact on SDGs?
- Identifying key stakeholders for coordinating responses
- Key opportunities & threats to the industry
- Which SDGs are most relevant to your activities, priorities & impacts?
Day Three: Aligning Local Content Strategies to Meet ESG and Deliver SDGs
- How do existing local content strategies deliver ESG?
- Which SDGs are currently being met?
- Identify stakeholders needed to deliver sustainable strategies
- Create communication plans to build stakeholder relationships
- Update local content strategy to achieve ESG and maximise delivery of SDGs
Day Four: Developing Local Content Strategies to Deliver an SDG Roadmap
- Regional industry dynamics, maturity in terms of sustainability, value chain, scope & scale
- Review of local content strategies through the ESG and SDG lens
- Operationalise SDGs through corporate systems, policies, and processes
- Ensure local content strategies will sustain in-country value
- Create a matrix linking ESG, SDG and in-country value
Day Five: Gaining Buy-In to Deliver SDG Goals
- Employee engagement
- Engaging with local communities
- Enhancing education opportunities
- Stakeholder engagement e.g., to develop a company water strategy
- Examples of oil & gas industry positive impact on SDGs
- What’s next for African oil & gas industry?
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with The Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›