Why Choose this Training Course?
In spite of all our best efforts, accidents and incidents occasionally occur. These unplanned or undesired events can adversely affect a company’s work operations and may include work-related injuries, occupational illnesses, property damage, spills and fires. Critically all incidents should therefore be thoroughly investigated demonstrating a proven company-wide process of efficiency and effectiveness linked to the Safety Management System (SMS). The more serious the incident the more extensive the investigation.
However, even a minor incident or near-miss incident also requires a thorough investigation as this may reveal significant potential for a serious future incident should the conditions be left uncorrected. While incidents seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always immediately apparent. Attendance on this training course will provide you with the confidence and necessary professionalism to enable a thorough Accident Investigation as soon as practicable after the event.
This training course will highlight:
- Why and who conducts an investigation?
- Investigation methodology, the essential six-step process
- Characteristics of an effective incident/accident analysis programme
- The two major components that contribute to the cause of an incident
- Why investigations must be constructive, professional, credible and timely
- Safety Management Systems on promoting a pro-active Safety Culture