An Intensive 3-Day Training Course
Advanced Fire Safety Management Training
|16 - 18 Oct 2023||Dubai - UAE||$3,900|
|15 - 19 Apr 2024||Dubai - UAE||$3,900|
|14 - 16 Oct 2024||Dubai - UAE||$3,900|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Fire Safety within a building or plant must be managed to be effective. Therefore, Fire Safety Management is concerned with the overall study of fire prevention, fire development, fire containment, fire dynamics, fire decay and suppression, and the means by which the management of fire safety measures mitigate the consequences of fire in human, environmental and financial terms.
Naturally, there cannot be an "off the shelf solution". Every workplace is different. Therefore, Fire Safety Management and associated Fire Risk Assessments are not theoretical exercises. The purpose of this Advanced Fire Safety Management training course is to improve Fire Safety NOT simply to collect and file risk assessments. So are you confident? Ask yourself that if a major fire occurred in your Section, Department or Plant will people, including visitors and contractors, know exactly what to do and where to go? Will members of staff be able to instigate and implement the available Emergency Procedures? To help answer these questions, this PetroKnowledge training course will investigate the principles and practices of warnings, evacuation, emergency procedures, training and exercises.
What are the Goals?
- Learn the fundamentals of Advanced Fire Safety Management
- Learn how to carry out a comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment
- Means of detecting and giving warning in the event of a fire
- Means of escape and emergency lighting
- Understand the requirements for Signage and Fire-fighting equipment
- How to provide Staff with information on risks and training
- Understand that requirements of a comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment and Training Needs Analysis for key responders
- A safer office/industrial environment for you and your company
- Learn the techniques for implementing effective Fire Safety Management Systems and Emergency Plans
- Understand the necessities for an efficient and timely response
Who is this Training Course for?
This Advanced Fire Safety Management training course is for individuals requiring an intensive and broad-ranging introduction to the key principles of fire prevention, fire protection and fire risk assessment at a primary and middle management level. It will be essential for all those who need to develop an organisational understanding of Fire Safety Management and so enhance their careers.
- Health Safety and Environment professionals and Fire Officers who need to complement their professional knowledge
- Experienced and new auditors linked to the company’s HSE Management Systems (HSE-MS)
- Line Managers and Supervisors responsible for HSE functions or wishing to fulfil their role or become involved within HSE-MS
- All personnel involved in implementing the Company’s HSE-MS
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Teaching methods will include presentations, group discussions, workshops, questionnaires, syndicate project work, appropriate training DVD’s and case studies. The informal participative event is designed to motivate and to challenge. A reference manual with handout material will be provided to each delegate on completion of the course. This PetroKnowledge training course fully utilises the relevant European Union legislation, UK Guidance, GCC best practice, British Standards and Approved Codes of Practice of various Health & Safety Executive publications.
Day One: Advanced Fire Safety Management
- Definitions and Scope of Fire Safety Management
- Moral, legal and financial reasons for promoting high standards
- A look at the statistics and of those companies who got it wrong
- Organising for Safety
- Fire Safety Management roles and responsibilities
- Consultation with all staff and contractors
- Work equipment
- Hazardous substances
- Concept of Safety Culture and its various components
- How to develop a positive safety culture
- Human behaviour and human failure
- Effecting a cultural change
- Fire Protection and Fire Prevention Measures
- Checklists - Escape Routes; Lighting; Stairways; Emergency Exits; Escape Doors; Alarms & hardware
- Maintenance, safeguards & operational features for exit routes
- Fire safety signage
- Fire detection systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- Fire Risk Assessments and the methodology for carrying one out
- Competency to conduct risk assessments
- The risk assessment process
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Report back of assessment
Day Two: Management and Control of the identified Fire Risks (Primary and Secondary) is the Key to Effective Fire Safety Management
- Causes and Prevention of Fire
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Checklists – ignition sources and fuels
- Chemistry of Fire
- Classifications of Fire
- Principals of Fire and Smoke spread
- Portable Fire Extinguishers (PFE)
- Use and limitations of PFE followed by PFE Quiz
- Your Fire Risk
Day Three: Safety of People, Fire Protection, Evacuation Drills, Alarms and Exercises
- Fire protection (preventive and protective measures)
- Who has the responsibility for Assessing & Planning in your organisation?
- What do you have in place now? Can it be improved?
- Perception and behaviour of people in the event of a fire
- Emergency evacuation procedures for fires and different assembly points for bomb warnings
- Learning from evacuation drills & fire-fighting exercises
- Alerting mechanisms, warn the people but will they do what you want?
- Guidance on developing fire training, drills and exercises
- How to design successful evacuation exercises
- Reports and recommendations
- What to do if the incident/evacuation is a prolonged one?
- Brief introduction to Business Continuity issues
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates