Drilling wells with high formation pressure and high temperature is a challenge and is carried out using good technology and modern applications.
In HPHT wells there are a lot of particularities conducting to a very expensive management for mud able to fulfill the heavy work and to avoid deterioration of the properties of drilling fluids while on the same time a high S.G of the mud is necessary for the well control throughout all phases / sections of drilling. Special equipment and tools are used able to withstand high pressure and temperature. The operation in such difficult geological formations calls for special metal alloys, high resistant elastomers if used as part of tool or equipment and top experienced personnel to work with.
Primarily in this PetroKnowledge training course, we are concerned with problems associated with HPHT drilling with special drilling fluids, Drilling BHA’S, Casing strings designed particularly for HPHT wells. Problems associated with the reservoir can be investigated and evaluated using production logging and well test techniques. In general, problems connected later on with the completion string can be classified into problems which arise in the wellbore and which can be corrected through special operations.
This training course will contain in-depth information on the impact of drilling operation under extremely hostile conditions, the successful running casings and liners and good cementing with special design and mixing proper chemicals for high temperature environment.
This Advanced HPHT Drilling Operations training course also deals with Casing while drilling and OHL (Open Hole Liners) technology which is applicable lately to these types of wells.
The Advanced HPHT Drilling Operations training course will feature:
- Introduction to the variable nature of drilling in HPHT wells. Emphasis in expensive but necessary use of special drilling fluids
- Proper design of drilling BHA’S and string components design for as safe and smooth operation
- Identify best practices and applications for HPHT wells
- Best approach for casing selection, running and cementing dedicated to withstand all problems arising from HPHT.
- Open hole logging considerations in HPHT wells.
- Appraise well control barrier philosophy, SOP and testing during all drilling sections in HPHT wells