Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Advanced Project Management training course is unique in the market as it helps the participants to get ready for the PMP Exam; not to mention the business application portion that ensures the pragmatic implementation of the project management methodology. It will correlate the exam questions with a practical workshop to cover the daily business activities.
This Advanced Project Management training course is intended for candidates undertaking the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination. The designation title PMP® is an internationally accepted recognition of the project management knowledge and professionalism of the successful candidate. In ever-increasing numbers, organizations are turning to project management to help them gain a competitive advantage.
It will emphasize awareness of project risk management to minimize project cost/schedule overruns & improve project execution.
Project management is all about the management of risks; the ability to seize opportunities, minimize threats and optimize results. However, risk management is too often treated as a reactive process, or worse, not done at all.
Highlights of this training course are:
- Developed and facilitated by a professional subject expert with extensive industrial experience and academic background
- Providing practical skills in rationalizing proper managerial actions, as in the case of typical PMP® examination multiple-choice questions
- Get to interact with other delegates and build a learning network for industrial experience and for the PMP® examination
- Understanding the behavioural and ethical aspects of professional project managers to exercise proper judgement in the decision-making process
- Examine both the threats and opportunities facing your projects from both a top-down and bottom-up perspective using a proven six-step risk management process
- Evaluate and respond to risk at the project as well as the task levels
- Anticipate possible causes of cost and schedule overruns, together with poor quality of work. By identifying the warning signs to these as early as possible in the project timely corrective action can be taken to minimize or mitigate the impact
- Discussions of case studies and exercises emphasizing the learning across the five process groups and the professional responsibility domain