An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
API 620/650/651: Design, Fabrication, Erection, and Inspection of Welded and Large Low-Pressure Welded Storage Tanks and Their Cathodic Protection
Dealing with tanks according to the American standards API
|19 - 23 Jun 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|17 - 21 Jun 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
A majority of above-ground storage tanks (especially those used for storage of hydrocarbon liquids) are constructed according to API (American Petroleum Institute) standards.
API 650 & API 620 stipulates an array of requirements to be taken care of during design and construction and accommodates further requirements from clients as well (especially those in the oil and gas industry).
Studying API 650 standard will give you high knowledge about the minimum requirements for material, design, fabrication, erection, and inspection for vertical, cylindrical, above ground, closed- and open-top, welded storage tanks in various sizes and capacities for internal pressures approximating atmospheric pressure.
API 620 standard states the Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks.
The purpose of the recommended practice (RP) API RP 651 is to present procedures and practices for achieving effective corrosion control on above-ground storage tank bottoms through the use of cathodic protection. This RP contains provisions for the application of cathodic protection to existing and new above-ground storage tanks.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this API 620/650/651: training course, participants will:
- Use the standard to qualify the welding procedures and the welders as well.
- have knowledge about the limitation in materials of construction and welding joints.
- Define the different components of tanks.
- obtain knowledge about the examination methods NDT of tanks and acceptance criteria.
- Have the knowledge to review the hydrotest procedure.
- Know the code requirements and appropriately select materials for tank design
- Calculate Minimum required thickness using equations
- Understand the client data sheet requirements for AST tanks.
- Know about the NDT coverage of different welds.
- Understand Methods of Cathodic Protection for Corrosion Control
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Storage Tanks Design Engineers
- Inspection Engineers
- Welding Engineers and Inspectors
- Fabrication Supervisors
- NDT Engineers and Technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, videos and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment.
Enable your company to have qualified persons that can deal with the mandatory requirements of the international API codes. Moreover, the company will benefit from trained personnel with enhance ability in tank design, construction, examination and testing.
Gain extensive knowledge on storage tanks design, fabrication, examination and testing. Moreover, the delegate will understand how to use the API standards during the design, fabrication and erection phases.
Day One: Welded Tanks for Oil Storage (API 650)
- Introduction to Storage tank components.
- Toughness requirements
Day Two: Welded Tanks for Oil Storage (API 650)
- Methods of Examining Joints
- Welding Procedure and Welder Qualifications
Day Three: Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks (API 620)
Day Four: Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks (API 620)
- Inspection and Testing
- Standard Hydrostatic and Pneumatic Tests
- Pressure – and Vacuum – Relieving Devices
Day Five: Cathodic Protection of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks (API 651)
- Corrosion of Aboveground Steel Storage Tanks
- Determination of Need for Cathodic Protection
- Methods of Cathodic Protection for Corrosion Control
- Criteria for Cathodic Protection
- Installation of Cathodic Protection Systems
- Interference Currents
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates