The Oil and Gas operations are multifaceted, logistically complex, highly capital intensive, and often confronted with potential risks and uncertainties. Today’s oil companies are dealing with ever-increasing levels of complexity and competition. Innovative technologies in the recovery of oil are also changing the landscape of the petroleum industry. Integrating refining and petrochemicals to achieve greater efficiencies is another critical factor in business profitability. Managing global supplies, refining, and oil trading requires several cross-functional skills. To achieve maximum effectiveness, managers and professionals must continually expand their business knowledge and sharpen their skills.
This 5-Day accelerated training course provides a broader global oil business management perspective and highlights its essential components' success factors. It follows the natural order of business, starting with its supply and transportation that fuels the global economy, followed by the critical refining and trading operations.
This Commercial Oil Operations and Logistics training course is designed to suit the broad background of delegates. It streamlines, through utilization of visual aids and simulation, the complexity of several complex operations, such as drilling, completion, refining, and transportation. The course provides hands-on business cases to evaluate Crude Oil Value, Netback and Refinery Margin Calculations, Price Management, Sales Contracts, Transportation Costs, Product Quality, Total Barrel Economics, Economic Value of Pipeline, amongst others.
The course deals with the core issues, tactics, and essential concepts of successfully running the international oil supply, transportation, refining and trading business.
In this PetroKnowledge training course, you will be able to learn:
- Basics of oil and gas exploration, production, and recovery economics to fully understand this global business that fuels the global economy.
- Fundamentals of Oil Economics and Crude Oil Transportation
- Basic Refinery operations, economics, and environmental aspects
- Basic Principles in crude oil pricing and overview of crude oil and refined products markets
- Essential elements in crude oil and refined products sales contracts
- Fundamental concepts and business practices of the international oil supply, transportation, refining, and trade in the oil and gas industry
- Supply Logistics: Major international pipelines, shipping routes, and choke points
- It seamlessly covers various critical commercial functions, logistics & processes, and appropriately deals with the business practices and tactics to build the necessary business acumen