This Port Management Masterclass is designed to provide participants with a detailed and up-to-date overview of port management theory and practice. It covers the sector overview; the issues and challenges related to port operations; key participants, sector trends; management response to challenges, shipment preparation and penalty; and the international commercial terms of sea freight and air freight.
Further, this training course will also discuss the essential skills of shippers and receivers covering reading text, document use, writing, numeracy, oral communication, thinking skills, problem solving, decision-making and critical thinking; and the job task planning and organizing including significant use of memory, finding information, working with others, computer use and continuous learning.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Introduction to Infrastructures and various operational formats
- Port and terminal operations: issues and challenges; demand & pricing
- Supply chain issues and Marketing within the sector
- Manager’s response to the changes
- How competition and economic factors affect price and demand
- Where profits are made and how profits can be driven higher
- Devising and implementing a successful sector-specific strategic plan
- Role and Value of branding
- Crisis Management and Internal Communications