An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Marine Reliability and Safety Management Techniques
Implementation of the Principals of Marine Safety Management leads to A Reliable Maritime Industry
|18 - 22 Sep 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|06 - 10 May 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|16 - 20 Sep 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
The Marine Reliability & Safety Management Techniques unique training course is prepared to provide the delegates with the most updated practical principals on the reliability and safety management in the marine industry. This attractive training course contents were designed based on the International Conventions; Code & Regulations related to the marine industry reliability.
The training course syllabus shall ensure the optimum understanding of the key concepts and techniques used in managing safe operation throughout the ship’s navigation, maintenance & cargo operations, and commercial/chartering requirements, this shall include the emergency response management, risk assessment, mitigation strategies, and safety culture development.
This Marine Reliability and Safety Management Techniques training course will contain the following technical areas:
- Introduction to International Conventions & Guidelines
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Vessel Safe Operation vs Charters Commercial Consideration
- Reliability and Maintenance Management (RCM)
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management
What are the Goals?
This training course main aim is to provide the participants with the opportunity to learn the practical exercises on how to manage reliability and safety in the maritime industry from the best experienced industry professionals.
By the end of this Marine Reliability and Safety Management Techniques training course, participants will have a solid understanding of the best practices, and will be gain the key concepts and principles to lead a reliable & safe managing of the marine industry; this shall be enforced by:
- Understanding the International Regulations, Guidelines and Standards
- Identifying the maritime industry and its challenges
- Describing the Classification Societies, Flag State & Port State Control Vetting
- Understanding the OCIMF, ISGOTT & SIGTTO Guidelines Requirements
- Implementing the Requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- Developing the Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Demonstrating the Safety Culture and Human Factors in SMS
- Identifying the Responsibilities of Ship’s Owners, Operators, Master & Charterer
- Differentiating the Vessel Safe Operation vs Charters Commercial Consideration
- Understanding the Reliability and Maintenance Management
- Implementing the Risk Based Maintenance Strategy
- Preparing the Emergency Response Plans and Crisis Management Procedures
- Maintaining the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Applying the Accident Investigation & Reporting
Who is this Training Course for?
This Marine Reliability and Safety Management Techniques training course is suitable for all Ship Officers and shore personnel involved in ship operations including:
- Shipping Companies Management & Technical Director;
- Navigational Organizations’ Chief Operating Officer
- Marine Superintendents
- Chartering Managers
- Fleet Managers
- Marine Inspectors
- Vessel’s Masters
- Vessel’s Chief Engineer
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Marine Reliability & Safety Management Techniques training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This involves regular discussion between both delegates and course director/consultant. The training course will provide the participant with an in-depth knowledge through detailed information, real-life case studies, photos, and videos.
Delegates on this training course will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and implement effective reliability and safety management systems in their organizations. All Attendees will also be able to identify potential risks and hazards, develop and implement risk management strategies, and respond effectively to emergencies and crises in the maritime industry.
This comprehensive training course designed to provide participants with a deep understanding of the key concepts and techniques used in the marine industry to ensure safe and reliable operations. The attendees will gain the most practical knowledge that benefits their companies throughout studying a wide range of topics including risk management techniques, safety management systems (SMS), reliability and maintenance management, emergency response and crisis management, and real-world case studies.
Through interactive discussions and analysis of case studies, participants will learn from lessons learned and best practices to improve safety and reliability in their own organizations. The training course is taught by experienced instructors with extensive knowledge and experience in maritime reliability and safety management techniques.
By the end of this Marine Reliability and Safety Management Techniques training course, participants will have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and implement effective reliability and safety management systems in their organizations. Participants will also be able to identify potential risks and hazards, develop and implement risk management strategies, and respond effectively to emergencies and crises in the maritime industry.
Day One: Introduction to Marine Reliability & International Regulations, Guidelines and Standards
- IMO and related Conventions & Codes
- SOLAS & MARPOL Requirements
- OCIMF, ISGOTT & SIGTTO Guidelines
- IGC Code
- ISO Standards related to the Marine Industry
- Introduction to the maritime industry and its challenges
- Classification Societies, Flag State & Port State Control Vetting
- SIRE & TEMSA Inspection
- Certification & Annual Survey
Day Two: Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Introduction to ISM Code
- Requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- SMS Contents
- Shipboard Personnel Duties, Roles & Responsibilities
- Safety culture and human factors in SMS
- SMS implementation and maintenance
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Auditing and Continuous Improvement of the SMS
Day Three: Vessel Safe Operation VS Charters Commercial Consideration
- Types of Vessel Charters
- Responsibilities of Ship’s Owners, Operators, Master & Charterer
- Definition of Safe Port
- War Zone Area
- Off Hire Condition and Consequences
- Load Lines Requirements & Vessel Displacement
- Ship Stability and Safe Cargo Operation
- Minimum UKC and safe navigation consideration
Day Four: Vessel's Maintenance Management Reliability
- Maintenance strategies and techniques
- Introduction to Reliability and Maintenance Management
- Risk Based Maintenance
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Plan
- Corrective Maintenance
- Spare Part Management
Day Five: Emergency Response and Crisis Management
- Emergency Response Plans and Procedures
- Introduction to Risk Management Techniques
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation & Control
- Communication and coordination during emergency situations
- Accident Investigation & Reporting
- Post-incident analysis and lessons learned
- Crisis Management and Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›